Security Administrative Coordinator
Greater San Diego, CA /
Human Resources & Security – Security /
Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest has been voted one of the best places to work. We are one of the largest providers of reproductive healthcare in Southern California, operating 19 health centers throughout our three county region. Check out our new video, "We are Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest” for more information about our organization: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JFgoD8pcg0.
Care. No Matter What.
The Security Administrative Coordinator is responsible for assisting in day-to-day operations and security administration coordination. They assist in providing a safe and secure environment for staff, patients. volunteers, and other customers of PPPSW. This position prioritizes security related matters and assists the security team with field and office responsibilities along with special projects.
PPPSW Compensation Philosophy and Position Hiring Rate:
At Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest (PPPSW) the philosophy behind our compensation efforts is to foster workplace equity by aligning pay and benefit structures with our Agency’s mission and values. These efforts are continuously evaluated as we work toward living out our social justice values as an employer. PPPSW recognizes that decisions about pay and benefits have significant impact on staff, and we work diligently to ensure all positions are compensated competitively as compared to other similar positions in the community.
The Affiliate establishes compensation supported by a position description that identifies competencies, duties, responsibilities and qualifications. In alignment with the Agency culture, PPPSW will strive to communicate openly and transparently about the goals of the Agency and the design of the compensation policies. The Agency will ensure the compensation program is administered in a manner that is consistent with Agency’s value of pay equity.
The hiring rate for the position is: $24-$26/hour + full benefits
What we're looking for:
- Education: High school diploma required or equivalent
- Experience: 2+ years of administrative/coordinator department support experience; 1+ years of experience in security or security related field
- College degree and/or college coursework in related field
In this role you'll get to:
- Coordinates the patient Alert list by ensuring it is up-to-date and creating calendar notices for Regional Directors situational awareness.
- Assists with managing event security requests.
- Tracks accreditation requirements and training as needed.
- Tracks service requests including arrival time, departure time, scope of work, and verification of first-time resolution.
- Supports the Alert Media Notifications list and Brivo.
- Processes and tracks new hire badges for all incoming new employees ensuring accuracy of information and timely distribution.
- Ensures all security equipment tracked and assists in monitoring the functionality of all CCTV equipment.
- Handles the ordering of all security supplies including but not limited to protestor cards, lanyards, badges etc.
- Keeps track of all Alarm Co. alarm code for all the different PPPSW locations/facilities.
- Assists with intelligence gathering including but not limited to information gathering and exchange with local, county, state and Federal Law Enforcement.
- Tracks and reports incident statistics to the Security department and Parent affiliate.
- Provides occasional Saturday weekend coverage assistance
- Assists with preparation and coordination of Holliday Family Administration Center events including surveillance, parking issues and other security support responsibilities.
- Coordinates tracking of security related trainings for staff; including what the training is and who is required to participate in partnership with the Regional Directors.
- Provides assistance with all video footage requests from Law Enforcement, Compliance and others as needed and based on set protocols.
- Tracks all sub-contract security guards and vendors that interact with security and/or PPPSW locations and staff.
- Works with IT and third party security vendors to ensure all cameras are running to specifications and with the greatest band-width possible.
- Processes expense reporting in addition to security invoices and related accounts.
- Works as a team player providing assistance and support where needed and consistently shares information for continuity and cohesiveness of the team.
- In support of PPPSW’s Just Culture Philosophy, identify and report errors, near misses, and employee, patient and customer safety concerns in a timely manner.
- To support risk and quality management by proactively communicating identified risks to supervisor in order to minimize risk when possible.
- Comply with PPPSWs Code of Conduct and maintain the highest level of professional and ethical standards and to act in compliance with both the letter and spirit of all applicable laws and regulations.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
We are the power of Planned Parenthood.
We are Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest, one of the largest and most prominent affiliates of the most iconic health care organization in the world. We are recognized for the wide array of services we provide and the outstanding education we deliver.
We are a prominent and powerful team of health experts who work relentlessly to help our communities sustain their health and well-being. We adhere to the highest standards and protocols as we collaborate and care for people, without judgment.
100 years of advocating for our mission has secured our advancement, our future and our passion for practicing health care.
We are a team you can have fun with and a powerful movement you can be part of. Together we’ll take pride in shaping the future of sexual health and reproductive rights.
For those who feel that purpose is critical to their work, this is a gift.
In This Together.
Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please visit our careers page for more information: www.pppswcareers.org