Community & Government Relations Organizer
Coachella Valley, CA /
Community & Government Relations /
Full Time, 40 hrs, 5 days
Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest has been voted one of the best places to work. We are one of the largest providers of reproductive healthcare in Southern California, operating 18 health centers throughout our three county region. Check out our new video, "We are Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest” for more information about our organization: https://youtu.be/2ATarFSN3TQ.
Care. No Matter What.
As a Community and Government Relations Organizer you will have the opportunity to advance strategic advocacy plans for Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest and implement electoral campaign plans and lead grassroots organization in the Coachella Valley region. A huge part of this role is to increase the number of community supporters through recruiting, training, and coordinating outreach programs.
This exciting opportunity work in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders and partners with diverse communities coordinating outreach activities. In addition, you will have the chance to manage and recruit volunteers for voter registration, marches and protests and healthcare summits and seminars.
The ideal candidate will be able to communicate effectively with the surrounding community as well as internal staff of all backgrounds and have the ability to collaborate and strategize. If you are highly self-motivated, passionate about our mission, driven to get the work done and committed to building relationships in the community, apply now!
In this role, you’ll get to:
- Increase the number of community supporters through recruiting, training, and coordinating outreach programs.
- Support Community and Government Relations departmental advocacy initiatives, grants, and programs.
- Coordinate advocacy efforts including phone banks, postcard/letter writing campaigns, non-partisan voter registration drives, house parties, etc.
- Assist in the coordination of fundraising or special events, as needed.
- Manage existing volunteer and supporter base by initiating frequent and regular communication.
- Generate new volunteers through organizing outreach efforts and guiding the development of staff members, volunteers and interns’ abilities to be effective organizers and community leaders.
- Provide regular reporting on all quantitative and qualitative field metrics.
- Collaborate in the maintenance of the Action Fund’s voter file and supporter databases.
What we’re looking for:
- High school diploma or equivalent experience in political science, community relations, communications, or related field.
- 2+ years of experience in community organizing, legislative, public affairs, sociology, or policy oriented environment including issue or electoral campaigns, advocacy or related experience.
- Demonstrated experience in community organizing and legislative/political/electoral work.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High attention to detail and ability to follow through on tasks and meet quotas.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish
- Experience with managing & recruiting volunteers
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Coachella Valley
We are the power of Planned Parenthood.
We are Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest, one of the largest and most prominent affiliates of the most iconic health care organization in the world. We are recognized for the wide array of services we provide and the outstanding education we deliver.
We are a prominent and powerful team of health experts who work relentlessly to help our communities sustain their health and well-being. We adhere to the highest standards and protocols as we collaborate and care for people, without judgment.
100 years of advocating for our mission has secured our advancement, our future and our passion for practicing health care.
We are a team you can have fun with and a powerful movement you can be part of. Together we’ll take pride in shaping the future of sexual health and reproductive rights.
For those who feel that purpose is critical to their work, this is a gift.
In This Together.
Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please visit our careers page for more information: www.pppswcareers.org