Senior Project Manager
San Diego, CA
Program Management Office
Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest has been voted one of the best places to work. We are one of the largest providers of reproductive healthcare in Southern California, operating 18 health centers throughout our three county region. Check out our new video, "We are Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest” for more information about our organization: https://youtu.be/2ATarFSN3TQ.
Care. No Matter What.
The role of Senior Project Manager is to help plan, lead, monitor and assist in the execution of assigned projects. This includes identifying and acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members, staff and third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver projects according to plan. The Senior Project Manager will also help define the project’s objectives and oversee quality control throughout its life cycle.
This position will work closely with internal executives, directors, managers and staff of multiple stakeholder groups as well as outside vendors when necessary to ensure projects are implemented within the given time frame.
- Education: B.A. or B.S. in a healthcare field, business, computer science, information systems, or equivalent work experience.
- Experience: 5-7 years of project management experience including managing/coordinating complex and multi-level projects.
- Experience: Information Technology projects including E.H.R. implementations is preferred.
- Certifications: PMP Certification is strongly preferred.
- Other: Healthcare industry experience is strongly preferred.
- Manages day-to-day activities in the Program Management Office (PMO) to ensure agency programs and other projects meet organization goals and requirements.
- Implements and provides guidance related to PMO processes and policies, oversees the work of others.
- Works with other department leaders, project sponsors, project teams and other internal and external resources to define, prioritize, develop projects/programs and to ensure optimal efficiency and progress on projects of all scales.
- Schedule and coordinate project meetings, developing agendas, keeping minutes, etc.
- Follow up with resources on project deliverables; assisting as needed to accomplish project tasks.
- Develop, track and report on all Issue Management concerns related to projects.
- Provide regular project status reports/updates and elevate significant changes/issues.
- Produce and analyze project metrics.
- Control expenditures within limitations of the project budget and report major discrepancies to ensure requirements are met.
- Maintain MS Project plans, and perform or collaborate with staff and stakeholders in all aspect of project management.
We are the power of Planned Parenthood.
We are Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest, one of the largest and most prominent affiliates of the most iconic health care organization in the world. We are recognized for the wide array of services we provide and the outstanding education we deliver.
We are a prominent and powerful team of health experts who work relentlessly to help our communities sustain their health and well-being. We adhere to the highest standards and protocols as we collaborate and care for people, without judgment.
100 years of advocating for our mission has secured our advancement, our future and our passion for practicing health care.
We are a team you can have fun with and a powerful movement you can be part of. Together we’ll take pride in shaping the future of sexual health and reproductive rights.
For those who feel that purpose is critical to their work, this is a gift.
In This Together.
Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please visit our careers page for more information: www.pppswcareers.org