Clinical Laboratory Scientist (CLS) - Part Time
Greater San Diego, CA /
Medical Services & Center Operations – Lab /
Part Time, 24 hrs, 3 days
Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest has been voted one of the best places to work. We are one of the largest providers of reproductive healthcare in Southern California, operating 19 health centers throughout our three county region. Check out our new video, "We are Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest” for more information about our organization: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JFgoD8pcg0.
Care. No Matter What.
**New Graduate Clinical Lab Scientist (CLS) welcome to apply!**
As a Clinical Lab Scientist (CLS) you will be responsible for a variety of clinical laboratory testing, result review and recording.
This exciting opportunity will perform QC/QA procedures, preventive maintenance and test validation. Review and report test results in accordance with laboratory standards. Maintain working knowledge of clinic and laboratory policies and procedures and act as an interim lead in the absence of the Lab Manager.
The ideal candidate will be adaptable, flexible and detail oriented. If you are highly self-motivated, driven by our mission, and able to build strong, collaborative relationships across all levels of the organization, apply now!
**This position is Part Time, benefitted position located in San Diego, CA**
In this role, you'll get to:
- Support health center/affiliate efforts to achieve established goals for productivity, quality metrics, and revenue cycle goals.
- Perform diagnostic laboratory testing including but not limited to testing for Chlamydia, Gonorrhea, Trichomonas, and Herpes Simplex 1/2.
- Perform routine equipment function checks, equipment maintenance, and quality assurance record keeping and such other quality assurance activities.
- Ensure use of the universal precautions and follow safety guidelines when handling hazardous materials.
- Participate in continuing educational programs as required by accrediting agencies and Agency policy.
- Grow leadership skills and act as Lead in absence of the Laboratory Manager ensuring smooth function of the Lab.
- Work in an environment that supports ongoing training and development.
What we're looking for:
- Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred. Training in an approved school or program of medical technology.
- Licenses: CA Clinical Laboratory Scientist
- New Graduate CLS welcome to apply!
- 2+ years experience bench testing in a clinical laboratory
- 1+ years experience working with a laboratory information system (LIS) preferred.
- Experience using the Hologic Panther system preferred.
$47 - $50 an hour
At Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest (PPPSW) the philosophy behind our compensation efforts is to foster workplace equity by aligning pay and benefit structures with our Agency’s mission and values. These efforts are continuously evaluated as we work toward living out our social justice values as an employer. PPPSW recognizes that decisions about pay and benefits have significant impact on staff, and we work diligently to ensure all positions are compensated competitively as compared to other similar positions in the community. The Affiliate establishes compensation supported by a position description that identifies competencies, duties, responsibilities and qualifications. In alignment with the Agency culture, PPPSW will strive to communicate openly and transparently about the goals of the Agency and the design of the compensation policies. The Agency will ensure the compensation program is administered in a manner that is consistent with Agency’s value of pay equity.
The hiring rate for this position is: $47.00 - $50.00/hourly + Medical, Dental, Vision, 401 Matching Program, Educational Assistance, Access to 1:1 Mental Fitness/Life coach, Premium CALM account and more!
We are the power of Planned Parenthood.
We are Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest, one of the largest and most prominent affiliates of the most iconic health care organization in the world. We are recognized for the wide array of services we provide and the outstanding education we deliver.
We are a prominent and powerful team of health experts who work relentlessly to help our communities sustain their health and well-being. We adhere to the highest standards and protocols as we collaborate and care for people, without judgment.
100 years of advocating for our mission has secured our advancement, our future and our passion for practicing health care.
We are a team you can have fun with and a powerful movement you can be part of. Together we’ll take pride in shaping the future of sexual health and reproductive rights.
For those who feel that purpose is critical to their work, this is a gift.
In This Together.
Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please visit our careers page for more information: www.pppswcareers.org