Learning Program Manager
San Diego, CA
Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest has been voted one of the best places to work. We are one of the largest providers of reproductive healthcare in Southern California, operating 17 health centers throughout our three county region. Check out our new video, "We are Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest” for more information about our organization: https://youtu.be/2ATarFSN3TQ.
Care. No Matter What.
Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest is seeking a full time Learning Program Manager in San Diego.
The Learning Program Manager will work in close cooperation with the Director of Talent Development in managing the strategic and operational elements of the PPPSW training functions. The Learning Manager will supervise the daily work of an internal staff of two and will advocate for, lead and sustain a culture of learning at PPPSW.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required. Master’s degree in related field preferred.
- Eight+ years of hands-on experience designing and developing instructional programs and materials including eLearning, instructor-led programs, and other performance-support tools and resources.
- Five+ years of experience leading instructional designers and learning consultants (internal and external) in the design, development and implementation of training and other performance support programs.
- Expert knowledge of adult learning principles and learner-center concepts.
- Proven ability to manage multiple priorities, projects and deadlines.
- Experience in selecting, implementing and leveraging the capabilities of Learning Management Systems and other technology solutions to meet the learning and business needs of the organization.
- One-two years leadership/management development and organizational development experience preferred.
- Manage day-to-day operations of the training function with a primary focus on overseeing programs and initiatives that support the operations of our 17 health centers.
- Supervise the work of two staff members (instructional designer and LMS administrator).
- Lead large and small scale training development projects.
- Collaborate with department leadership and SMEs to assess training and development needs and develop solutions to meet those needs.
- Implement systems to continuously monitor and solicit feedback on the effectiveness of training programs and materials to ensure accuracy, relevance and effectiveness.
- Ensure compliance with and appropriate documentation of all required training from regulatory Agencies for the workforce.
- Hire and manage instructional design contractors as needed.
- Perform small and large group facilitation.
- Develop and monitor key performance metrics with an emphasis on creating improved performance through training.
- Identify cost savings opportunities and ROI related to training programs.
- In support of PPPSW’s Just Culture Philosophy, identify and report errors, near misses, and employee, patient and customer safety concerns in a timely manner.
- Support risk and quality management by proactively communicating identified risks to supervisor in order to minimize risk when possible.
- Comply with PPPSWs Code of Conduct and maintain the highest level of professional and ethical standards and to act in compliance with both the letter and spirit of all applicable laws and regulations.
*Loc=San Diego Admin
We are the power of Planned Parenthood.
We are Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest, one of the largest and most prominent affiliates of the most iconic health care organization in the world. We are recognized for the wide array of services we provide and the outstanding education we deliver.
We are a prominent and powerful team of health experts who work relentlessly to help our communities sustain their health and well-being. We adhere to the highest standards and protocols as we collaborate and care for people, without judgment.
100 years of advocating for our mission has secured our advancement, our future and our passion for practicing health care.
We are a team you can have fun with and a powerful movement you can be part of. Together we’ll take pride in shaping the future of sexual health and reproductive rights.
For those who feel that purpose is critical to their work, this is a gift.
In This Together.
Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please visit our careers page for more information: www.pppswcareers.org