Coachella Valley, CA /
External Affairs /
Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest has been voted one of the best places to work. We are one of the largest providers of reproductive healthcare in Southern California, operating 19 health centers throughout our three county region. Check out our new video, "We are Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest” for more information about our organization: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JFgoD8pcg0.
Care. No Matter What.
As an Organizer, you will be responsible for advancing strategic plans for PPPSW and implementing electoral campaign plans for our c4 organization.
This exciting opportunity will be responsible for grassroots organizing in the region, coordinating advocacy efforts, volunteer recruiting and training, and supporting the Community and Government Relations department.
The ideal candidate will be adaptable, flexible, and a self-starter. If you are highly self-motivated, driven by our mission, and able to build strong, collaborative relationships across all levels of the organization, apply now!
In this role, you'll get to:
- Coordinate advocacy efforts including phone banks, postcard/letter writing campaigns, non-partisan voter registration drives, house parties, etc. under the direction of your supervisor.
- Increase the number of community supporters through recruiting, training, and coordinating outreach programs.
- Work in collaboration with internal departments and external community partners to coordinate community outreach activities in diverse communities as needed.
- Support Community and Government Relations departmental advocacy initiatives, grants, and programs.
- Assist with daily office functions, events, and other duties and responsibilities as requested by your supervisor.
- Assist in the coordination of fundraising or special events, as needed.
- Under the direction of your supervisor, execute the day-to-day operations of a political field campaign.
- Establish and maintain a strong base of Action Fund supporters and volunteers to support the Action Fund's local, state-wide, and national electoral campaigns by leading volunteer recruitment and retention.
- Manage existing volunteer and supporter base by initiating frequent and regular communication.
- Generate new volunteers through organizing outreach efforts and guiding the development of staff members, volunteers, and interns' abilities to be effective organizers and community leaders.
- Provide regular reporting on all quantitative and qualitative field metrics.
- Collaborate in the maintenance of the Action Fund's voter file and supporter databases.
What we're looking for:
- Minimum Education: High school diploma, or equivalent experience in political science, community relations, communications, or a related field.
- Experience: 2+ years of experience in a community organizing, legislative, public affairs, sociology, or policy-oriented environment, including issue or electoral campaigns, advocacy, or related experience.
- Demonstrated experience in community organizing and legislative/political/electoral work is required.
- Spanish/English bilingual
$23 - $25 an hour
At Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest (PPPSW) the philosophy behind our compensation efforts is to foster workplace equity by aligning pay and benefit structures with our Agency’s mission and values. These efforts are continuously evaluated as we work toward living out our social justice values as an employer. PPPSW recognizes that decisions about pay and benefits have significant impact on staff, and we work diligently to ensure all positions are compensated competitively as compared to other similar positions in the community. The Affiliate establishes compensation supported by a position description that identifies competencies, duties, responsibilities and qualifications. In alignment with the Agency culture, PPPSW will strive to communicate openly and transparently about the goals of the Agency and the design of the compensation policies. The Agency will ensure the compensation program is administered in a manner that is consistent with Agency’s value of pay equity.
The hiring rate for this position is: $23.00 - $25.00/hourly + Medical, Dental, Vision, 401 Matching Program, Educational Assistance, Access to 1:1 Mental Fitness/Life coach, Premium CALM account and more!
We are the power of Planned Parenthood.
We are Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest, one of the largest and most prominent affiliates of the most iconic health care organization in the world. We are recognized for the wide array of services we provide and the outstanding education we deliver.
We are a prominent and powerful team of health experts who work relentlessly to help our communities sustain their health and well-being. We adhere to the highest standards and protocols as we collaborate and care for people, without judgment.
100 years of advocating for our mission has secured our advancement, our future and our passion for practicing health care.
We are a team you can have fun with and a powerful movement you can be part of. Together we’ll take pride in shaping the future of sexual health and reproductive rights.
For those who feel that purpose is critical to their work, this is a gift.
In This Together.
Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please visit our careers page for more information: www.pppswcareers.org