External Affairs /
Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest is one of the largest providers of sexual and reproductive healthcare in Southern California, operating 20 health centers throughout our three-county region. Check out our new video, "We are Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest” for more information about our organization: https://bit.ly/WeArePPPSW.
Care. No Matter What.
The Promotorx will provide outreach in sexuality and reproductive health to their community following the curriculum and guides designed by the Community Based Health Initiatives Program (CBHI).
What you'll do:
- Conduct outreach to peers in a one on one or group setting environment on Planned Parenthood services and programs.
- Be present, participate, and assist in the regular Promotor@ staff meeting, trainings and workshops.
- With supervisor approval, identify and participate in community outreach, events, and activities to promote the Agency’s services and programs.
- Participate in the planning and implementation of special projects.
- Visit with local and state elected officials to educate them on reproductive health and justice and other issues that are important to the community.
- Maintain a resource guide to provide the community with information/services available to them that may or may not be related to health.
- Advocate for and participate in Agency approved social issues.
- Perform the services in designated area. Agency approval is required prior to performing services outside designated areas.
- Provide supervisor with ideas and/or recommendations to improve the program as well as reporting any problems or conflicts arising out in the community.
- Keep current of reproductive health and sexuality education issues.
- Attend any PPPSW trainings, professional development workshops.
What we look for:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Experience in family planning, reproductive health or related health field preferred.
- This person needs to have an interest and passion for working with the community.
- Bilingual in Spanish/English preferred.
- Must have good communication skills with aptitude for public speaking.
- Must be able to work with diverse groups.
- Must be able to provide outreach, advocacy and networking in their communities.
- Must have knowledge and understanding of the needs of the PPPSW region they serve.
$17.36 - $18.23 an hour
PPPSW Compensation Philosophy and Position Hiring Rate:
At Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest (PPPSW) the philosophy behind our compensation efforts is to foster workplace equity by aligning pay and benefit structures with our Agency’s mission and values. These efforts are continuously evaluated as we work toward living out our social justice values as an employer. PPPSW recognizes that decisions about pay and benefits have a significant impact on staff, and we work diligently to ensure all positions are compensated competitively as compared to other similar positions in the community.
The Affiliate establishes compensation supported by a position description that identifies competencies, duties, responsibilities, and qualifications. In alignment with the Agency culture, PPPSW will strive to communicate openly and transparently about the goals of the Agency and the design of the compensation policies. The Agency will ensure the compensation program is administered in a manner that is consistent with the Agency’s value of pay equity.
We are the power of Planned Parenthood.
We are Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest, one of the largest and most prominent affiliates of the most iconic health care organization in the world. We are recognized for the wide array of services we provide and the outstanding education we deliver.
We are a prominent and powerful team of health experts who work relentlessly to help our communities sustain their health and well-being. We adhere to the highest standards and protocols as we collaborate and care for people, without judgment.
100 years of advocating for our mission has secured our advancement, our future and our passion for practicing health care.
We are a team you can have fun with and a powerful movement you can be part of. Together we’ll take pride in shaping the future of sexual health and reproductive rights.
For those who feel that purpose is critical to their work, this is a gift.
In This Together.
Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please visit our careers page for more information: www.pppswcareers.org