Director of Community Affairs
Riverside County, CA
Community & Government Relations
Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest has been voted one of the best places to work. We are one of the largest providers of reproductive healthcare in Southern California, operating 17 health centers throughout our three county region.
Care. No Matter What.
Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest is seeking a Director of Community Affairs in Riverside County (East or West), CA.
The Director of Community Affairs is responsible for the research, development, planning, design, maintenance, implementation and evaluation of policies and programs that enhance relations with the community, the public, governmental and regulatory authorities, stakeholders and employees in Riverside County.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in political science, public affairs, public administration, public policy, community relations, public relations, or related field.
- 7 years experience in a leadership position in Community Engagement, Public Affairs, Community Affairs, Public Relations, or related field.
- 4 years experience and demonstrated success in management of staff, volunteers, programs, and program budgets.
- Experience working in a political or non-profit environment preferably in a position involving project management, community outreach, or public affairs.
- Knowledge of reproductive health care issues and policies strongly preferred.
- Bilingual (English & Spanish) skills & Bicultural experience preferred.
- Partner with the VP of Community & Government Relations to provide leadership and direction on behalf of the Agency leading a team that develops, manages, and implements the organization's Community Affairs strategies and policies in the Riverside County.
- Partner with the VP of CGR and the Director of Political Action to provide strategic leadership and direction for the Community Affairs and 501(c)(4) initiatives in Riverside County including mobilizing the electorate to educate elected officials, and electing candidates to public office.
- As part of the CGR Leadership Team, help to guide large decisions for the organization and align the grassroots priorities with organizational goals and objectives
- Identify, develop, and maintain relationships with key regional stakeholders to support initiatives lead by Planned Parenthood.
- Identify and develop new opportunities to build community support around reproductive justice issues.
- Partner with groups internally and externally to strategize on development of supporters in the county.
- Work with Development department to implement strategies for donor engagement, solicitation and stewardship
- Work directly with Marketing and Communications department to develop effective internal and external communications strategies to enhance the organization's relations.
- Monitor and coordinate the distribution of the organizations’ messaging through presentations, news or trade media contacts, special events, public speaking, or other means to reach defined audiences and meet specific program objectives to advance PPPSW and the PPAFPSW mission
- Serve as a liaison to members of the 501(c)(3) and 501(c)(4) Board of Directors in Riverside County.
- Oversee program budgets including: forecasting needs, monitoring income statements, and reconciling finances.
- Responsible for the supervision, development, and evaluation of direct reports.
- Keep current on sexuality and reproductive legislative policies through trainings, workshops, professional associations, and outreach.
- In support of PPPSW’s Just Culture Philosophy, identify and report errors, near misses, and employee, patient and customer safety concerns in a timely manner.
- To support risk and quality management by proactively communicating identified risks to supervisor in order to minimize risk when possible.
- Comply with PPPSW’s Code of Conduct and maintain the highest level of professional and ethical standards and to act in compliance with both the letter and spirit of all applicable laws and regulations.
- Competitive compensation
- Benefits include: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, long-term disability
- Generous PTO
- Generous 401(k) matching effective immediately upon enrollment
We are the power of Planned Parenthood.
We are Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest, one of the largest and most prominent affiliates of the most iconic health care organization in the world. We are recognized for the wide array of services we provide and the outstanding education we deliver.
We are a prominent and powerful team of health experts who work relentlessly to help our communities sustain their health and well-being. We adhere to the highest standards and protocols as we collaborate and care for people, without judgment.
100 years of advocating for our mission has secured our advancement, our future and our passion for practicing health care.
We are a team you can have fun with and a powerful movement you can be part of. Together we’ll take pride in shaping the future of sexual health and reproductive rights.
For those who feel that purpose is critical to their work, this is a gift.
In This Together.
Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please visit our careers page for more information: www.pppswcareers.org