Insurance Authorization Specialist
San Diego, CA
Full Time or Part Time
Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest has been voted one of the best places to work. We are one of the largest providers of reproductive healthcare in Southern California, operating 18 health centers throughout our three county region. Check out our new video, "We are Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest” for more information about our organization: https://youtu.be/2ATarFSN3TQ.
Care. No Matter What.
The Insurance Authorization Specialist is a vital part of our team and organization! The IAS role processes timely and accurate insurance benefit verifications, pre-visit financial counselling and other front end revenue cycle activities.
- High school diploma.
Minimum Work Experience
- 1 year experience with patient access, insurance verifications, patient financial services, medical billing, health center front office operations.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must have excellent customer service skills and be committed to providing the highest level of customer satisfaction with staff from all parts and all levels of the organization.
- Working knowledge of insurance industry concepts such as copays, deductibles, coinsurance, healthcare exchanges, affordable care act, etc is preferred
- Working knowledge of and medical billing concepts such as ICD-9, ICD10, CPT4, HCPCS, etc. is preferred
We are the power of Planned Parenthood.
We are Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest, one of the largest and most prominent affiliates of the most iconic health care organization in the world. We are recognized for the wide array of services we provide and the outstanding education we deliver.
We are a prominent and powerful team of health experts who work relentlessly to help our communities sustain their health and well-being. We adhere to the highest standards and protocols as we collaborate and care for people, without judgment.
100 years of advocating for our mission has secured our advancement, our future and our passion for practicing health care.
We are a team you can have fun with and a powerful movement you can be part of. Together we’ll take pride in shaping the future of sexual health and reproductive rights.
For those who feel that purpose is critical to their work, this is a gift.
In This Together.
Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please visit our careers page for more information: www.pppswcareers.org