San Diego, CA
Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest has been voted one of the best places to work. We are one of the largest providers of reproductive healthcare in Southern California, operating 17 health centers throughout our three county region.
Care. No Matter What.
Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest is seeking a Prospect Researcher in San Diego, CA.
The Prospect Researcher is responsible for the planning and implementation of a comprehensive program to assist in qualifying and researching prospects and donors. Devises and manages a comprehensive donor prospect research and management program, including but not limited to: wealth screening, data mining, gift officer productivity, portfolio audit/balancing, pipeline management, and other methodologies.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent Experience
- 12-24 months of successful experience in conducting complex analytical prospect research.
- In-depth knowledge of Lexis/Nexis
- Superior internet search skills
- Knowledge of at least one database management program, ideally Raisers Edge
- Experience in evaluating donor gift capability and identifying donor interest.
- Knowledge of Wealthpoint highly preferred
- Under the direction of the Director of the Annual Campaign, conducts prospect research on individuals, corporations, and foundations using internet, print, and electronic sources as well as in-house files and documents, and interviews with fundraising staff and volunteers. Specific attention required to matters relating to wealth capacity and philanthropic inclination.
- Oversees research of all prospects and current donors including Planned Parenthood Online Giving Portal donors.
- Oversees assignment of prospects and donors to fundraiser portfolios and monitors related qualification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship activities.
- Creates and manages a system of fundraiser portfolio hygiene, metrics, and measurable.
- Manages all donor wealth screening activities for the donor database and prospect pool.
- Oversees creation of all event prep memos and in depth donor research profiles.
- Manages database mining to discover and identify new prospective donors.
- Establishes and maintains guidelines and policies for accurate and ethical management of donor and prospect information.
- Under the direction of the Director of the Annual Campaign, collaborates with frontline fundraisers and development staff in creating of prospect cultivation strategies.
- Works with the Development team to bolster fundraising in each area by providing research and strong leads for potential donors, including research to aid in regionalization efforts in Riverside County.
- Collaborates with the Annual Campaign team to devise database enhancements, process improvements, and enhanced techniques.
- Works with Annual Campaign and Major Giving teams to properly identify strong major gift prospects to ensure prospects are properly moving through the pipeline.
- Provide excellent customer service with the highest level of customer satisfaction from donors, colleagues, volunteer leadership, board members, and the executive team.
- In support of PPPSW’s Just Culture Philosophy, identify and report errors, near misses, and employee, patient and customer safety concerns in a timely manner.
- To support risk and quality management by proactively communicating identified risks to supervisor in order to minimize risk when possible.
- Comply with PPPSWs Code of Conduct and maintain the highest level of professional and ethical standards and to act in compliance with both the letter and spirit of all applicable laws and regulations.
- Competitive compensation
- Benefits include: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, long-term disability
- Generous PTO
- Generous 401(k) matching effective immediately upon enrollment
*Loc=San Diego Admin
We are the power of Planned Parenthood.
We are Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest, one of the largest and most prominent affiliates of the most iconic health care organization in the world. We are recognized for the wide array of services we provide and the outstanding education we deliver.
We are a prominent and powerful team of health experts who work relentlessly to help our communities sustain their health and well-being. We adhere to the highest standards and protocols as we collaborate and care for people, without judgment.
100 years of advocating for our mission has secured our advancement, our future and our passion for practicing health care.
We are a team you can have fun with and a powerful movement you can be part of. Together we’ll take pride in shaping the future of sexual health and reproductive rights.
For those who feel that purpose is critical to their work, this is a gift.
In This Together.
Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please visit our careers page for more information: www.pppswcareers.org