Talent Development Specialist/LMS Administrator
San Diego, CA /
Human Resources & Security – Training & Development /
Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest has been voted one of the best places to work. We are one of the largest providers of reproductive healthcare in Southern California, operating 18 health centers throughout our three county region. Check out our new video, "We are Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest” for more information about our organization: https://youtu.be/2ATarFSN3TQ.
Care. No Matter What.
As a Talent Development Specialist/LMS Administrator you will partner with the Talent Development Manager and other members of the Talent Development team to build and implement strategic learning and development initiatives across the organization.
This position will design, manage, execute, and iterate programs, tools and other resources to support and enhance the performance and effectiveness of our employees. In addition, you will also be able to conduct both virtual and in-person training sessions and serve as the Learning Management System (LMS) Administrator. As the LMS Administrator you will manage learning curricula in the LMS, implement and oversee annual compliance training, and ensure all accreditation-related training requirements are met by staff, board members, volunteers and others.
The ideal candidate will use innovative blended learning solutions to create compelling, modern, and engaging training. If you are highly self-motivated, driven by our mission, and able to build strong, collaborative relationships across all levels of the organization, apply now!
What You'll Do:
- Talent Development
- Collaborate with SMEs (Subject Matter Experts) to assess training and development needs and recommend solutions
- Design and create innovative and engaging training programs (e-learning, instructor-led, informal learning) using instructional design principles and best practices
- Use a “performance consultant” approach in assessing needs and recommending solutions.
- Facilitate instructor-led courses (e.g., New Employee Workshop and other professional development programs)
- Proficient utilization of ADDIE (Assess, Design, Develop, Implement, Evaluate) or other instructional design models to assess training needs and design training solutions
- Partner and collaborate with Sr. Instructional Designer and Talent Development Manager to solve problems and improve processes
- Partner with the Talent Development team to develop projects from end- to-end ensuring adherence to project milestones and deadlines.
- High attention to detail; superior organization skills
- LMS Administrator
- Provide ongoing management of SABA LMS including ensuring appropriate training is assigned and completed per Training Policy, conducting regular auditing and reporting, and identifying strategies for optimizing the use of the LMS to support key business drivers.
- Provide Level 1 support to system administrators and users
- Manage annual compliance training program
- Work with appropriate Agency subject matter experts to ensure compliance with Accreditation requirements
- Manage the mid-cycle audit and accreditation process
- Ability to work with and respect people from diverse backgrounds
- Support PPPSW’s Just Culture Philosophy by identifying and reporting errors, near misses, and employee, patient and customer safety concerns in a timely manner
- Value team work, flexibility and adaptability, embraces change
- Value continuous learning and seeks ongoing training and development
- Take action to support the affiliate's commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion
- Support risk and quality management by proactively communicating identified risks to supervisor in order to minimize risk when possible
- Comply with PPPSWs Code of Conduct and maintain the highest level of professional and ethical standards and to act in compliance with both the letter and spirit of all applicable laws and regulations.
Who You Are (Required Qualifications):
- Bachelor’s Degree in Educational Technology, Instructional Design, Human Resources or related field
- 3+ years hands-on experience designing and developing instructional programs and materials including e-learning, instructor-led programs, and other performance-support tools and resources (e.g., job aids, FAQ’s, checklists, etc.)
- Proven ability to work with subject matter experts (SMEs) to analyze training needs, design and develop appropriate training strategies and programs, and operationalize training programs
- Strong classroom training/facilitation experience
- 3+ years working with training technologies/applications including authoring software and with Learning Management Systems
- Strong project management experience
- 1-2 years classroom training/facilitation experience
- 1-2 years virtual facilitation/training experience (Zoom or other online platform)
- 1-2 years of LMS administration experience
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects, prioritize, and meet deadlines
- Exhibit a high degree of integrity, credibility, curiosity, and results orientation
- An optimistic outlook with the ability to work hard and have fun!
- Experience with Articulate Storyline and Rise
- LMS Administration experience with SABA
- Previous experience in a medical/health services clinic
Job Type: Full-time
Location: San Diego, CA
We are the power of Planned Parenthood.
We are Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest, one of the largest and most prominent affiliates of the most iconic health care organization in the world. We are recognized for the wide array of services we provide and the outstanding education we deliver.
We are a prominent and powerful team of health experts who work relentlessly to help our communities sustain their health and well-being. We adhere to the highest standards and protocols as we collaborate and care for people, without judgment.
100 years of advocating for our mission has secured our advancement, our future and our passion for practicing health care.
We are a team you can have fun with and a powerful movement you can be part of. Together we’ll take pride in shaping the future of sexual health and reproductive rights.
For those who feel that purpose is critical to their work, this is a gift.
In This Together.
Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please visit our careers page for more information: www.pppswcareers.org