Manager of Major Gifts
San Diego, CA
Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest has been voted one of the best places to work. We are one of the largest providers of reproductive healthcare in Southern California, operating 17 health centers throughout our three county region.
Care. No Matter What.
Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest is seeking a Manager of Major Gifts in San Diego, CA.
The Manager of Major Gifts will cultivate, steward, and solicit the Agency’s donors who make up the President’s Council ($1000+ donors). The Manager will maintain an active portfolio of approximately 150 people, including identifying the most viable prospects from smaller-level donors and non-donors, and eliminating those from his/her portfolio who do not hold real promise. The Manager will develop written communications, develop proposals and reports, and implement multi-channel communication techniques, such as videos and the web, to stay in contact with this particular segment of donors and make them feel a part of the organization and renew or upgrade their annual gift. The Manager will have responsibility for volunteer partnerships important to procuring major gifts. The Manager will also assist with c4 Action Fund fundraising efforts, including solicitations and general communications about political developments.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required.
- 5 years of administrative and Development experience required.
- Demonstrated successful experience in working with donors and volunteers.
- Under the direction of the Director of Major Gifts, cultivate, steward, and solicit Agency donors capable of making an annual gift of $1,000 or more (President’s Council)
- Develop written communications, proposals, and reports to donors for the purpose of significantly increasing contributed revenues to PPPSW.
- Create and implement cultivation, solicitation and stewardship plans for small gatherings and site visits with President’s Council donors and prospects in his/her portfolio.
- Coordinate with other staff members in the Development Department to best leverage prospect and donor interactions.
- Directly engage with major donors, by phone, email and in person.
- Organize volunteers, staff, and Board members to participate in major gift solicitations, as appropriate.
- Stay informed of current events, locally and nationally, pertinent to PP and utilize this information to communicate the case for support to donors in association with other department staff.
- Assist with development of Action Fund donor communications to keep supporters informed.
- Assist with solicitation of Action Fund contributions.
- Competitive compensation
- Benefits include: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, long-term disability
- Generous PTO
- Generous 401(k) matching effective immediately upon enrollment
*Loc=San Diego Admin
We are the power of Planned Parenthood.
We are Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest, one of the largest and most prominent affiliates of the most iconic health care organization in the world. We are recognized for the wide array of services we provide and the outstanding education we deliver.
We are a prominent and powerful team of health experts who work relentlessly to help our communities sustain their health and well-being. We adhere to the highest standards and protocols as we collaborate and care for people, without judgment.
100 years of advocating for our mission has secured our advancement, our future and our passion for practicing health care.
We are a team you can have fun with and a powerful movement you can be part of. Together we’ll take pride in shaping the future of sexual health and reproductive rights.
For those who feel that purpose is critical to their work, this is a gift.
In This Together.
Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please visit our careers page for more information: www.pppswcareers.org