Medical Services & Center Operations – Medical Services /
Who We Are:
We are Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest. We’ve been here to provide care, support and advice to our community for over 100 years. We take great pride in our team - over 500 passionate, brilliant individuals from all walks of life and all corners of the world -- representing the diversity that makes us special.
Why Join Us?
From your first day on the job, you’ll be immersed in a hands-on, hit-the-ground running experience. Every day will come with unique challenges – but rest assured you’ll never be alone in handling them- our team has each other’s backs. Beyond a meaningful career and an excellent benefits package, we offer career development opportunities and a supportive work culture.
To attract the best talent from across the country, we are offering paid relocation for this position.
What We Need:
In search of: a passionate, professional, proactive person who seeks to bring out the best in everyone they meet. Do you have what it takes to join our team as a full-time Staff Physician in Riverside, California?
Who You Are:
There’s never been a better time to find a career that works for the greater good. Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest is looking for a part time Staff Physician to join our team. This position is suited for someone who knows the ins-and-outs of obstetrical and gynecological care – from the provision of contraception, gyn and gender affirming health care consultations to procedures such as first- and second- trimester abortions, office colposcopy and LEEP, female sterilization, and benign gynecologic surgery.
- M.D., Obstetrician/Gynecologist
- Board certified or Board eligible
Our Staff Physician is on the frontline every day, and they need to be someone truly special. Someone who understands our mission, who can empathize with whoever walks through our doors.
Someone who can look at each and every person, and procedure with fresh eyes, and someone who truly believes in the power of personalized care.
- Maintain up- to-date clinical skills in the field of gynecology and reproductive health.
- Provide high quality medical care to patients in accordance with accepted standard of care.
- Provide consultation services for mid-level providers and medical doctors within the affiliate.
- Take overnight home call for emergencies related to surgical patients of Planned Parenthood.
- Participate in abortion care, complex care clinic including gender affirming hormone provision and care, and other gyn surgical procedures at one of the area hospitals affiliated with PPPSW.
- Medical Standards:
- Participate in the quality assurance program by reviewing medical charts of mid-level clinicians
- Participate in quality meetings commiserate with the FTE
- Public Relations:
- Builds relationships with providers in the medical community and specifically with hospital medical staff to ensure continuity of patient care and services.
- Research and Training:
- Provide clinical training and education for staff.
- Willing to participate in continuing medical education conferences, in-services, emergency drills and other training opportunities for mid-level providers and physicians.
- Participate in affiliate research projects
- This role is a part of the Medical Services department, but is posted under Executive Leadership because it is definitely a leadership role.
- This role reports to our Chief Medical Officer.
$193,440 - $410,000 a year
At Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest (PPPSW) the philosophy behind our compensation efforts is to foster workplace equity by aligning pay and benefit structures with our Agency’s mission and values. These efforts are continuously evaluated as we work toward living out our social justice values as an employer. PPPSW recognizes that decisions about pay and benefits have significant impact on staff, and we work diligently to ensure all positions are compensated competitively as compared to other similar positions in the community. The Affiliate establishes compensation supported by a position description that identifies competencies, duties, responsibilities and qualifications. In alignment with the Agency culture, PPPSW will strive to communicate openly and transparently about the goals of the Agency and the design of the compensation policies. The Agency will ensure the compensation program is administered in a manner that is consistent with Agency’s value of pay equity.
The salary rate for this position depends on experience and ranges from
$193,440/year to $410,000/year plus Medical, Dental, Vision, 401 Matching Program, Premium CALM account and so much more!
This is a position for someone who has the skill set and motivation to embrace everyday (and once in a lifetime) challenges with confidence. This opportunity belongs to a professional who believes the best way to reach everyone is by including everyone – no matter their race, sexuality, religion, or ability. We are looking for someone who can connect with people on a personal level and inspire teammates to excel.
Our ideal candidate has, a strong clinical acumen, credentials that include provision of second trimester abortion, a dedication to the mission of Planned Parenthood, and the desire to create meaningful interpersonal relationships. They should have excellent judgement, communication and written and computer skills. It’s for someone who seizes the opportunity to try new methods and technologies.
For more information about Planned Parenthood Pacific Southwest: www.pppswcareers.org