Lead Nurse Practitioner, Physician Assistant, or Certified Nurse Midwife Opportunity
Moreno Valley, CA
Medical Services & Center Operations – Medical Services /
We are looking for a Health Center Lead Nurse Practitioner, Physician Assistant, or Certified Nurse Midwife at our Moreno Valley Health Center.
As a Health Center Lead Clinician (Nurse Practitioner, Physician Assistant, or Certified Nurse Midwife), you will play a critical role as a leader in the health center.
As a part of the leadership team you will ensure the provision of high quality, cost effective medical care to a diverse patient population. Considering employee engagement, patient experience and care, and business optimization in all decision making, the Health Center Lead Clinician will also act as a clinical role model and serve as a medical resource to staff. This will include providing exams, diagnosis, treatment, education, and counseling for patients in accordance with Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest protocols.
This is a Full Time/Fully Benefited position designed for Nurse Practitioners, Physician Assistants, or Certified Nurse Midwives.
In this role, you’ll get to:
- Change lives.
- Responsible for the management of health center clinicians to ensure the provision of high quality, cost effective medical care and excellent customer service.
- Ensure health centers are high functioning and meeting or exceeding benchmarks and industry/PPFA specific best practice metrics, reviews financial, operational, and clinical Health Center metrics.
- Ensure that patient access meets defined standards; provide input into development of transformative measures to improve access and minimize open capacity and no show; implement initiatives.
- Create and implement access/operational remediation plans.
- Interview, hire, and retain clinicians and promote staff engagement and patient experience.
- Implement and monitor items relating to the standardization of clinical workflows, policies and procedures and top of license activity across MAs, RNs, NPs/PAs, and MD/DOs
- Provide input into strategic planning for health center initiatives and initiatives implementation.
- Manage direct reports (Clinicians) and oversee health center team effectiveness in partnership with the Center Manager.
- Promote a climate of formalized, intentional, and open communication and information sharing within health center.
- Provide mentorship and guidance and foster PPPSW core culture and value to direct reports.
- Lead, support, train, and coach health center direct reports so that they can carry out their roles effectively to drive high functioning health centers, enable PPPSW to effectively execute its strategic plan, and achieve organization wide goals.
- With Health Center Manager, promote a team environment in which high quality care is provided efficiently and responsive to client’s needs, user friendly and cost-effective. In collaboration with Center Managers, proactively bring information back to staff and be the primary communicator regarding changes in medical protocol and in clinical care.
- Provide feedback to clinicians regarding clinical quality, productivity, and overall performance and hold them accountable to improvements and compliance to PPPSW medical protocols and clinical standards.
- Promote clinician professional/clinical development – advanced skills identification and training.
- Provide clinical oversight and support to MAs.
- Professionally communicate benefits, challenges, and concerns to support positive change management to appropriate leadership.
- Ensure performance management including conducting evaluations of all staff in cooperation with the Human Resources Department.
- In collaboration with the Center Manager, hold Health Center staff accountable to creating an inclusive workplace through coaching and counselling that fosters the development of others, facilitates cooperation and teamwork, treats everyone in a manner that demonstrates fairness and consistency; and supports constructive resolution of conflict.
- Ensure equitable access to quality care and health center services for patients.
- Actively participate in DEI learning and awareness - coach and role model for team.
- Oversee reporting of near misses/good catches and adverse events, including using QA Reporting system and reporting directly to VP of Clinical Services and Quality as appropriate - leads change based on audit results.
- Conduct chart reviews and observations and provide regular performance feedback to clinical staff, including clinicians and medical assistants.
- Monitor and drive compliance to Planned Parenthood clinical standards.
- Ensure Accreditation by monitoring compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Provide coaching on medical protocols and processes related to clinical quality, accuracy and appropriate delivery of medical content, care, efficiency and productivity, customer service, tardiness, etc.
- Oversee training and clinician onboarding, including medical protocols and processes related to clinical quality, accuracy, and appropriate delivery of care, efficiency and productivity, customer service, etc.
- Partner with Clinical Services team and Associate Medical Director to train medical students, NP/PA students and residents as requested.
- Support proctoring and clinical privileging.
- Ensure compliance with PPPSW Medical Protocols and operational policies and procedures.
- Assess, diagnose, and treat clients’ reproductive health issues appropriately and only when covered by PPPSW medical protocols (unless Physician consult sought)
- Work directly on Practice Management System and Electronic Medical Record system for the electronic management of client information including but not limited to client tracking, coding, charting, logs, etc.
- Take rotating on-call duties.
- Stay up to date with evidence-based practice.
- Participate in research projects.
- Follow up on abnormal lab results and outside referrals in compliance with medical protocols and as requested by Case Management staff.
We are looking for a Nurse Practitioner or a Physician Assistant or a Certified Nurse Midwife who:
- Holds an active California license as a Nurse Practitioner, Physician Assistant, or Certified Nurse Midwife.
- Has several years of clinical experience (1 or more years minimum).
- Has leadership and management experience.
- Spanish/English bilingual candidates strongly preferred.
- Is eager to work in an environment that supports the agency’s commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced environment where no two days are the same.
- Demonstrates compassion, whether it’s providing patient care or supporting staff.
- Is willing to jump in to help with coverage if need be.
PPPSW Compensation Philosophy and Position Hiring Rate:
- At Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest (PPPSW) the philosophy behind our compensation efforts is to foster workplace equity by aligning pay and benefit structures with our Agency’s mission and values. These efforts are continuously evaluated as we work toward living out our social justice values as an employer. PPPSW recognizes that decisions about pay and benefits have significant impact on staff, and we work diligently to ensure all positions are compensated competitively as compared to other similar positions in the community. The Affiliate establishes compensation supported by a position description that identifies competencies, duties, responsibilities and qualifications. In alignment with the Agency culture, PPPSW will strive to communicate openly and transparently about the goals of the Agency and the design of the compensation policies. The Agency will ensure the compensation program is administered in a manner that is consistent with Agency’s value of pay equity.
- The hiring range for this position is: $152,880-$199,800 annually (depending on years of experience)
$152,880 - $199,800 a year
We are the power of Planned Parenthood.
We are Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest, one of the largest and most prominent affiliates of the most iconic health care organization in the world. We are recognized for the wide array of services we provide and the outstanding education we deliver.
We are a prominent and powerful team of health experts who work relentlessly to help our communities sustain their health and well-being. We adhere to the highest standards and protocols as we collaborate and care for people, without judgment.
100 years of advocating for our mission has secured our advancement, our future and our passion for practicing health care.
We are a team you can have fun with and a powerful movement you can be part of. Together we’ll take pride in shaping the future of sexual health and reproductive rights.
For those who feel that purpose is critical to their work, this is a gift.
In This Together.