San Diego, CA
Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest has been voted one of the best places to work. We are one of the largest providers of reproductive healthcare in Southern California, operating 17 health centers throughout our three county region.
Care. No Matter What.
Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest is seeking a SQL Developer in San Diego, CA.
The SQL Developer is responsible for developing and maintaining reports, dashboards and analytical tools to ensure success of key strategic initiatives. The SQL Developer supports agency databases including upgrades, backups, restoring and monitoring performance.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Business or equivalent field OR if no degree, three to five years relevant experience.
- Three years’ experience in MSSQL environment developing reports and supporting core application.
- 3-5 years of report development experience
- Strong SQL query skills
- Experience w/ SSRS
- Experience w/ Excel
- Understand of ETL/data warehousing methodologies
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organization skills with attention to detail
- Ability to travel to all Agency locations
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours, weekends and holidays as needed for support, implementations and upgrades
- Ability and willingness to participate in the on-call rotation schedule
- Responsible for data consolidation, analysis and reporting.
- Meet with analysts, decision makers, systems owners, and end users to help define reporting capabilities, requirements and goals.
- Provide detailed analysis to identify trends, interpret patterns and relevant artifacts associated with the data.
- Examine and explore data from multiple disparate sources with the goal of discovering insights which in turn can provide competitive advantage for our organization.
- Provide leadership in the scoping, design, development, and maintenance of various technical solutions required in the management of data/reporting and decision-making tools used throughout the organization.
- Translate business opportunities into analytic deliverables that drive actionable insights and have direct bottom line impact.
- Utilizes SSMS and Visual Studio to generate metrics and reports based upon specified requirements.
- Publish reports via SSRS or SharePoint for end user consumption.
- Respond to and resolve data performance, accessibility, and integrity issues.
- Create test and development environments, to validate changes outside of production.
- Ability to both lead and serve as a team member on projects relating to data and data systems.
- Competitive compensation
- Benefits include: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, long-term disability
- Generous PTO
- Generous 401(k) matching effective immediately upon enrollment
*Loc=San Diego Admin
We are the power of Planned Parenthood.
We are Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest, one of the largest and most prominent affiliates of the most iconic health care organization in the world. We are recognized for the wide array of services we provide and the outstanding education we deliver.
We are a prominent and powerful team of health experts who work relentlessly to help our communities sustain their health and well-being. We adhere to the highest standards and protocols as we collaborate and care for people, without judgment.
100 years of advocating for our mission has secured our advancement, our future and our passion for practicing health care.
We are a team you can have fun with and a powerful movement you can be part of. Together we’ll take pride in shaping the future of sexual health and reproductive rights.
For those who feel that purpose is critical to their work, this is a gift.
In This Together.
Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please visit our careers page for more information: www.pppswcareers.org