Engagement & Retention Manager
San Diego, CA
Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest has been voted one of the best places to work. We are one of the largest providers of reproductive healthcare in Southern California, operating 17 health centers throughout our three county region. Check out our new video, "We are Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest” for more information about our organization: https://youtu.be/2ATarFSN3TQ.
Care. No Matter What.
Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest is seeking a full time Engagement & Retention Manager in San Diego.
The Engagement & Retention Manager will plan, develop and manage the employee engagement and retention programs. They will bring innovative ideas to enhance the Agency’s employee engagement and reduce turnover. The Engagement & Retention Manager will continually review systems and processes to successfully improve or advance efficiency and provide coaching and guidance to assist employees with workplace conflicts.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Five years’ experience in Human Resources
- Three years’ experience analyzing systems, processes and procedures
- Three years’ experience measuring, monitoring, and diagnosing turnover and retention data
- Three years’ experience planning, developing, implementing and managing an employee engagement program
- Three years of employee relations experience
- Bilingual English/Spanish required
- Develop and maintain Agency recognition programs to advance employee engagement.
- Partner with leadership in designing and executing activities designed to enrich morale and employee engagement.
- Support leadership to recognize and demonstrate appreciation to employees.
- Measure and monitor turnover and retention data, diagnose causes and needs for retention improvement.
- Manage and conduct employee surveys to obtain feedback. Identify employee concerns and monitor overall employee engagement.
- Partner with recruitment to inform by providing on-going feedback regarding turnover/retention themes
- Identify and facilitate resolution of employee relation issues through coaching to assist employees with questions and/or conflict in the workplace.
- Regularly monitor and assess HR program programs/systems/procedures.
- Maintain extensive and current knowledge of major areas of employment law to include ADA, disability, and discrimination.
- In support of PPPSW’s Just Culture Philosophy, identify and report errors, near misses, and employee, patient and customer safety concerns in a timely manner.
- To support risk and quality management by proactively communicating identified risks to supervisor in order to minimize risk when possible.
- Comply with PPPSWs Code of Conduct and maintain the highest level of professional and ethical standards and to act in compliance with both the letter and spirit of all applicable laws and regulations
*Loc=San Diego Admin
We are the power of Planned Parenthood.
We are Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest, one of the largest and most prominent affiliates of the most iconic health care organization in the world. We are recognized for the wide array of services we provide and the outstanding education we deliver.
We are a prominent and powerful team of health experts who work relentlessly to help our communities sustain their health and well-being. We adhere to the highest standards and protocols as we collaborate and care for people, without judgment.
100 years of advocating for our mission has secured our advancement, our future and our passion for practicing health care.
We are a team you can have fun with and a powerful movement you can be part of. Together we’ll take pride in shaping the future of sexual health and reproductive rights.
For those who feel that purpose is critical to their work, this is a gift.
In This Together.
Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please visit our careers page for more information: www.pppswcareers.org