San Diego, CA /
Full Time, 40 hrs, 5 days
Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest has been voted one of the best places to work. We are one of the largest providers of reproductive healthcare in Southern California, operating 18 health centers throughout our three county region. Check out our new video, "We are Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest” for more information about our organization: https://youtu.be/2ATarFSN3TQ.
Care. No Matter What.
The Development Associate will perform all Annual Fund donor gift entry and ensure appropriate donor correspondence. They will assist in the expansion and management of the sustaining donor program and low-level donor stewardship program. The Development Associate will support the Development Database Program Manager with donor database integrity, general system operation, and some software integrations.
In this role, you'll get to:
- Assist with processing charitable contributions (e.g. check, cash, credit cards, online ticketing, and electronic funds transfers) within 48 hours of receipt.
- Record gift details in batches via Raiser’s Edge, ensuring accurate coding and capturing of constituent information. Create back-up of donations as needed.
- Produce and customize donor acknowledgement letters based on level of donation and type of solicitation.
- In coordination with Annual Campaign Coordinator, reconcile daily and monthly Development contributions with Finance department.
- Coordinate with Annual Campaign Coordinator to build out recurring donor program.
- Create small campaigns to acquire new monthly or quarterly donors.
- Brainstorm strategies to recapture lapsing donors through our monthly renewal program.
- Brainstorm and collaborate on stewardship efforts for current recurring donors, including but not limited to, customizing incentives and working with the events team on stewardship events.
- Update constituent records and assist with global adds, changes, or deletes to maintain data integrity.
- Assist in the creation of complex queries for targeted segmentation and metrics reporting.
- Help to maintain any software integrations and update file mapping for large data imports.
- Support the Annual Campaign team’s general operations
- Act as first point of contact and provide general customer service with incoming donor calls and emails.
- Assist with tracking, maintaining, and executing schedule of stewardship phone calls and email series for new and retained donors.
- Complete invoices, purchase orders, and requests for payment as needed. Reconcile potential payment issues.
- Assist with preparation for annual audit.
- Assist with all department mailings.
- Provide telephone and front desk back up for Agency receptionist as needed.
- In support of PPPSW’s Just Culture Philosophy, identify and report errors, near misses, and employee, patient and customer safety concerns in a timely manner.
What we're looking for:
- Someone with an Associate’s degree or equivalent experience. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Someone with at least two years of administrative experience required, including one in a fundraising setting.
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge or other CRM database. (Required)
- Knowledge of Excel or working with large data sets.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to handle tasks independently.
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Someone eager to work in an environment that supports the agency’s commitment to diversity equity and inclusion.
We are the power of Planned Parenthood.
We are Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest, one of the largest and most prominent affiliates of the most iconic health care organization in the world. We are recognized for the wide array of services we provide and the outstanding education we deliver.
We are a prominent and powerful team of health experts who work relentlessly to help our communities sustain their health and well-being. We adhere to the highest standards and protocols as we collaborate and care for people, without judgment.
100 years of advocating for our mission has secured our advancement, our future and our passion for practicing health care.
We are a team you can have fun with and a powerful movement you can be part of. Together we’ll take pride in shaping the future of sexual health and reproductive rights.
For those who feel that purpose is critical to their work, this is a gift.
In This Together.
Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please visit our careers page for more information: www.pppswcareers.org