Security Administration Specialist
San Diego, CA
Human Resources & Security – Security
Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest has been voted one of the best places to work. We are one of the largest providers of reproductive healthcare in Southern California, operating 17 health centers throughout our three county region. Check out our new video, "We are Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest” for more information about our organization: https://youtu.be/2ATarFSN3TQ.
Care. No Matter What.
We are seeking a part time Security Administration Specialist in San Diego, CA.
The Security Administration Specialist will assist in providing a safe environment for staff, patients, volunteers, donors and other customers of PPPSW. They will also assist in the maintenance of high quality security/emergency management/business continuity programs for the Agency that includes giving input for policies, staff communication, and comprehensive trainings for all staff. Additionally they will manage and maintain front reception desk and protocols for PPPSW’s Administration in San Diego.
- High School Diploma or equivalent. College classes related to field are preferred.
- BSIS approved guard card for the State of California or the willingness to obtain one within 60 days of hire.
- 1-2 years of experience in a security or emergency management related field. 1 year of program management or demonstrated leadership experience preferred.
- Bilingual English/Spanish skills strongly preferred.
- Front Office Responsibilities:
- Provides primary daily coverage for the front reception during normal business hours (8am-5pm, M-F).
- Assist the Security Department by monitoring HFAC building security cameras, reporting suspicious encounters and following security protocols.
- Oversee, train, and coordinate the per diem Receptionists. Responsible for coordinating break coverage scheduling with other department support staff as needed.
- In conjunction with the Finance department, monitor and ensure Agency staff remains in compliance with car reservation and return policies including monitoring the driver’s log.
- Responsible for ensuring the courier services and USPS mail are meeting Agency’s needs including daily mail and courier distribution and resolving issues and as needed ensure the Agency is informed of the status.
- Ensure that the postage machine has funds including coding and timely payment.
- Responsible for tracking daily Loaner Badges.
- Monitor and manage company vehicle keys and ensure staffs remain in compliance with the car reservation protocols and procedures.
- Audit the check-in and check-out process for all individuals in the building by using visitor management systems and update the systems as needed.
- Monitor and manage the check-in and check-out process for all packages in the building using a package tracking system.
- Maintain and evaluate the packing handling process and overall mailroom distribution methods.
- Assist vendors, visitors, and staff that enter the premise with appropriate access protocols.
- In support of PPPSW’s Just Culture Philosophy, identify and report errors, near misses, and employee, patient and customer safety concerns in a timely manner.
- To support risk and quality management by proactively communicating identified risks to a supervisor in order to minimize risk when possible.
- Comply with PPPSWs Code of Conduct and maintain the highest level of professional and ethical standards and to act in compliance with both the letter and spirit of all applicable laws and regulations.
- Security Responsibilities:
- Administrative follow up to security response(s) as needed for various security related situations.
- When needed, assist the Security & Emergency Preparedness Manager in providing emergency preparedness trainings to various groups within PPPSW, including during the Agency Compliance Quarters.
- Complete and disseminate in-house incidents reports and submit them to PPFA Security.
- Communicate via email any safety concerns or updates on event dates to the police department.
- Coordinates staff parking access and organizes parking for special events and/or large meetings.
- Assist in the organizing and filing of various reports and auditing those forms for deficiencies.
- Purchase and maintain badges and other security items as needed.
- Maintain HUB Security page and administrative support as needed to the Security department. Trains high-level staff or at-risk staff on how to set-up and utilize confidential software tools to protect their privacy.
- Reviews background checks as needed, on potential candidates for hire from the Human Resources Department.
- Maintains and updates communication equipment as needed.
- Ensures that disaster equipment and supplies are in a clean, secure location and that all resources are easily accessible and available for rapid deployment following an emergency.
- Maintains grant documentation, staff rosters and team training records, and ensures that documentation is complete and available for review.
- Provides coverage as needed for special events requiring assistance from the Security Department.
- In the absence of the Security & Emergency Preparedness Manager, acts as point of contact to community organizations, local and state government as well as other healthcare entities in areas of disaster preparedness.
*Loc=San Diego Admin
We are the power of Planned Parenthood.
We are Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest, one of the largest and most prominent affiliates of the most iconic health care organization in the world. We are recognized for the wide array of services we provide and the outstanding education we deliver.
We are a prominent and powerful team of health experts who work relentlessly to help our communities sustain their health and well-being. We adhere to the highest standards and protocols as we collaborate and care for people, without judgment.
100 years of advocating for our mission has secured our advancement, our future and our passion for practicing health care.
We are a team you can have fun with and a powerful movement you can be part of. Together we’ll take pride in shaping the future of sexual health and reproductive rights.
For those who feel that purpose is critical to their work, this is a gift.
In This Together.
Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please visit our careers page for more information: www.pppswcareers.org