Full Time, 40 hrs, 5 days
Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest has been voted one of the best places to work. We are one of the largest providers of reproductive healthcare in Southern California, operating 17 health centers throughout our three county region.
Care. No Matter What.
Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest is seeking a full time Registered Nurse to work at our Riverside Health Center.
The RN will provide nursing and medical care to patients seeking reproductive health care in the family planning and specialty centers. They will maintain professional and clinical standards of nursing care.
Education and Experience
- R.N. with current California license
- BLS and ACLS certifications
- One year of experience in Women’s Healthcare, Surgical Centers or Emergency Room preferred
- Oversee and maintain responsibility for nursing services in the clinic.
- Exhibit advanced clinic-nursing skills by demonstrating technical expertise and competence within the established scope of practice
- Act as a role model and resource in nursing care and in development of improved nursing systems.
- Educate clients on contraception, other medication, cancer screening, and STIs.
- Dispense all FDA approved birth control methods, antibiotics and other medications per Physician and Clinician orders and maintain working knowledge of all medications used.
- Review client’s medical history and identify potential contraindications.
- Evaluate clients regarding their risk for STIs.
- Educate clients in a non-judgmental and pro-choice manner.
- Follow PPPSW RN Standardized Procedures and the PPPSW Medical Protocols.
- Cross-train in Case Management and provide Case Management functions as needed.
- Adhere to affiliate policies on professionalism, wait time in-clinic and on the phone, and the system for addressing client complaints.
- Participate in health center/affiliate efforts to achieve established revenue cycle goals.
- Perform follow-up of outside referrals, and quantitative results.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the Agency’s Practice Management System.
- Responsible for the accuracy of patient information entered into the Agency’s Practice Management system.
- Perform on-call phone triage and phone triage during and after clinic hours.
- Educate patients regarding post‑operative instructions, contraception and exams.
- Monitor post-abortion and GYN surgery patients recovering from analgesia, IV conscious sedation, and moderate sedation.
- Triage all emergency situations.
- Assist in transferring patients (100+ pounds) to and from wheelchair, exam table, gurney, and/or recovery chairs. Patients may require minimal or no assistance to partial or full assistance.
- Maintain a productive and effective team and worker-friendly environment.
- Assist with implementation and ensuring compliance to policies and procedures for designated areas.
- Orient and train new hire RNs. Develop leadership qualities inclusive of serving as a preceptor to new RN staff.
- Act as a clinical resource for surgical and family planning clinics.
- Be willing to continuously learn and expand clinical knowledge base.
- Demonstrate clear knowledge and accountability of quality regulations and standards.
- Be a pro-active team member in team development and problem solving.
- Actively and positively strive to contribute to the goals of the clinic and support changes.
- Dispense and log controlled substances as directed by Physician or mid-level Clinician.
- Administer IV conscious sedation as directed by Physician or APC clinician.
We are the power of Planned Parenthood.
We are Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest, one of the largest and most prominent affiliates of the most iconic health care organization in the world. We are recognized for the wide array of services we provide and the outstanding education we deliver.
We are a prominent and powerful team of health experts who work relentlessly to help our communities sustain their health and well-being. We adhere to the highest standards and protocols as we collaborate and care for people, without judgment.
100 years of advocating for our mission has secured our advancement, our future and our passion for practicing health care.
We are a team you can have fun with and a powerful movement you can be part of. Together we’ll take pride in shaping the future of sexual health and reproductive rights.
For those who feel that purpose is critical to their work, this is a gift.
In This Together.
Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please visit our careers page for more information: www.pppswcareers.org