Community & Government Relations Operation Manager
San Diego, CA
Community & Government Relations
Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest has been voted one of the best places to work. We are one of the largest providers of reproductive healthcare in Southern California, operating 17 health centers throughout our three county region.
Care. No Matter What.
Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest is seeking a Community & Government Relations (CGR) Operations Manager in San Diego, CA.
The CGR Operations Manager will provide high-level operational and strategic support to the Community & Government Relations department, and in particular to the VP of Community & Government Relations Leadership Team. They will also manage operations of the Planned Parenthood Action Fund of the Pacific Southwest.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in public administration, public policy, government relations, or community affairs.
- 3 years of demonstrated project coordination experience or high level administrative experience including working with community leaders and executive-level staff.
- Experienced in providing executive support in a one-on-one working relationship and serving as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the executive.
- Experience in financial management and budget preparation required.
- Experience with back-end administration of Constituent Relationship Management (CRM) systems required.
- Experience in community outreach, civic engagement, education, public relations, or equivalent experience preferred.
- Experience working with health centers or multi-faceted organizations preferred.
- Experience working in a fast-paced political or non-profit environment preferably in a position involving project management, community outreach, or public affairs.
- Bilingual Spanish/English required
- C3 Operational Management
- Working with the Vice President of CGR, participate in the development, execution, and evolution of Community & Government Relations strategies in the counties we serve.
- Work with the Vice President of CGR to maintain calendar, reconcile monthly financials, and assist in special projects.
- Support scheduling needs of the Vice President.
- Under the direction of the Director of Political Action, provide scheduling support for lobbying and legislative visits, and other meetings with elected officials.
- Over time and with input from Agency leaders, study, research, and report on Community & Government Relations trends, policy, and competitive best practices.
- Proactively make recommendations to the Vice President identifying process improvements and refining systems as needed.
- Assist with development, management and monitoring of program budgets.
- In partnership with project managers, create plans and timelines to ensure compliance with grant and/or project deliverables and funding requirements.
- Manage the logistics for department meetings, trainings, retreats, conferences, and community events including: agenda development; supply ordering, venue reservations, set-up, and breakdown; and recording and producing meeting minutes.
- Working with the Finance department, assist in monthly financial closes.
- Process invoices ensuring timely payment to vendors and process incoming receivables.
- Maintain inventory of office supplies and educational materials and provide ordering support for the department.
- Answer general telephone calls for the department.
- Assist with the maintenance of department’s internal and external databases, including, but not limited to: data entry; updates; removals; deduping; and report generation.
- Serve as a representative / liaison for the department to other departments to ensure maximum Agency involvement with community-based projects and other Community & Government Relations activities.
- Develop and implement strategies to establish and strengthen interdepartmental collaboration, particularly with Finance, Development, Patient Services, Human Resources, and Marketing/Communications, in order to ensure successful outcomes and that community needs are met.
- Comply with PPPSWs Code of Conduct and maintain the highest level of professional and ethical standards and to act in compliance with both the letter and spirit of all applicable laws and regulations.
- To support risk and quality management by proactively communicating identified risks to supervisor in order to minimize risk when possible.
- In support of PPPSW’s Just Culture Philosophy, identify and report errors, near misses, and employee, patient and customer safety concerns in a timely manner.
- C4 Operational Management
- Provide administrative support for the C3 Advocacy Grant agreement and ensure compliance with IRS guidelines.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the Planned Parenthood Action Fund of the Pacific Southwest including invoice processing, timely fiscal closes, and responding to general inquiries.
- Collaborate with finance in the preparation of the annual audit.
- Under the supervision of the Director of Political Action, prepare and maintain records of donations for local, state and federal election filing requirements.
- Working with the Vice President, develop, coordinate, and evaluate the Action Fund budget and fundraising/organization plans.
- Assist Development Department with Action Fund fundraising events.
- Develop systems for the efficient administration of the Action Fund.
- Ensure adherence to all IRS codes and political regulations
- C4 Endorsement Process
- Manage the Action Fund Endorsement Committee including, but not limited to, the coordination of logistics, preparation of agendas and review materials, production of minutes, and general support.
- Maintain database of pro-Planned Parenthood candidates and elected officials.
- Track and monitor candidates for key offices in the Agency’s three-county region.
- Coordinate the soliciting of endorsement questionnaires and review submissions.
- Coordinate candidate interviews.
- Keep abreast of legislative and electoral developments related to choice and reproductive health care.
- Update materials provided to pro-Planned Parenthood elected officials.
We are the power of Planned Parenthood.
We are Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest, one of the largest and most prominent affiliates of the most iconic health care organization in the world. We are recognized for the wide array of services we provide and the outstanding education we deliver.
We are a prominent and powerful team of health experts who work relentlessly to help our communities sustain their health and well-being. We adhere to the highest standards and protocols as we collaborate and care for people, without judgment.
100 years of advocating for our mission has secured our advancement, our future and our passion for practicing health care.
We are a team you can have fun with and a powerful movement you can be part of. Together we’ll take pride in shaping the future of sexual health and reproductive rights.
For those who feel that purpose is critical to their work, this is a gift.
In This Together.
Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please visit our careers page for more information: www.pppswcareers.org