Volunteer & Supporter Engagement Coordinator
San Diego, CA
Human Resources & Security – Volunteer Program
Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest has been voted one of the best places to work. We are one of the largest providers of reproductive healthcare in Southern California, operating 17 health centers throughout our three county region. Check out our new video, "We are Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest” for more information about our organization: https://youtu.be/2ATarFSN3TQ.
Care. No Matter What.
We are seeking a Volunteer & Supporter Engagement Coordinator in San Diego, CA.
The Volunteer & Supporter Engagement Coordinator is responsible for coordinating and providing support to the Volunteer Program with recruitment, onboarding and training new volunteers. They will engage supporters as ambassadors for social change to spread knowledge and support in our region and keep supporters engaged. They will also coordinate community outreach events for San Diego county.
- Associate degree or equivalent experience. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- One to two years volunteer program or community outreach/engagement experience required.
- Two years coordinator experience preferred.
- Volunteer Program
- Maintain strict confidentiality of all volunteer information.
- Provide volunteer recruitment support including but not limited to: sorting and screening applications, scheduling and conducting telephone pre-screens, sending volunteer orientation information to candidates, and assisting with onboarding new volunteers.
- Create volunteer files and ensure all required paperwork is collected and accurately completed.
- Maintain volunteer records including entering new volunteers into database, updating current volunteer information, entering volunteer hours, scanning volunteer forms.
- Maintain strong knowledge and functional competency of volunteer management system.
- Assist with setting up/breaking down for volunteer nights & volunteer orientations.
- Assist with presenting at Volunteer Orientations & Trainings.
- Community Outreach and Engagement
- Coordinate community outreach events including but not limited to: working with administrative departments (e.g. Community & Government Relations, Marketing & Communications) to sign up for events per outreach strategy, recruiting volunteers for shifts, coordinating tabling supplies before and after events, entering volunteer hours and event information into volunteer management database.
- Supporter Engagement
- Provide support to Volunteer Program Manager in operationalizing supporter engagement work plan in San Diego, Riverside and Imperial counties.
- Working collaboratively with agency departments, coordinate content related to supporter engagement work plan.
- Work with Marketing department to create content and layout for affiliate website and intranet for supporter engagement options to get involved.
- Develop system for providing materials for house parties, condom crawls, movie screenings, book clubs, etc. and coordinating speaker requests.
- Research and create a calendar based on awareness campaign initiatives for community-building eventsfor supporters to connect and get educated.
- Research and coordinate regional visibility events and provide support to departments overseeing agency’s contingents in San Diego, Riverside and Imperial counties.
- In support of PPPSW’s Just Culture Philosophy, identify and report errors, near misses, and employee, patient and customer safety concerns in a timely manner.
- To support risk and quality management by proactively communicating identified risks to supervisor in order to minimize risk when possible.
- Comply with PPPSWs Code of Conduct and maintain the highest level of professional and ethical standards and to act in compliance with both the letter and spirit of all applicable laws and regulations.
We are the power of Planned Parenthood.
We are Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest, one of the largest and most prominent affiliates of the most iconic health care organization in the world. We are recognized for the wide array of services we provide and the outstanding education we deliver.
We are a prominent and powerful team of health experts who work relentlessly to help our communities sustain their health and well-being. We adhere to the highest standards and protocols as we collaborate and care for people, without judgment.
100 years of advocating for our mission has secured our advancement, our future and our passion for practicing health care.
We are a team you can have fun with and a powerful movement you can be part of. Together we’ll take pride in shaping the future of sexual health and reproductive rights.
For those who feel that purpose is critical to their work, this is a gift.
In This Together.
Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please visit our careers page for more information: www.pppswcareers.org