Associate Regional Director of Health Center Operations
San Diego Administration Building
Medical Services & Center Operations – Center Operations /
Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest is one of the largest providers of sexual and reproductive healthcare in Southern California, operating 20 health centers throughout our three-county region. Check out our new video, "We are Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest” for more information about our organization: https://bit.ly/WeArePPPSW.
Care. No Matter What.
As the Associate Regional Director of Health Center Operations you will have the opportunity to be a a change agent to support centers that are challenged with workflow issues, morale issues, center leadership issues, issues meeting metrics, or centers that are facing leadership vacancies. Your strategic approach will translate to tactical action and follow through.
You'll establish relationships with the staff, understand the health center's systems, and identify challenges facing a particular health center and will ensure that the health center is developing towards a high functioning clinic that balances patient experience, staff engagement and operational effectiveness.
This role will require you to be skilled in coaching, developing direct reports, leading change management, implementing root cause analysis, people management skills and generative problem solving. In addition, you will also be highly skilled in developing relationships with HR, Clinical Services, Finance, Training and Development and the Regional Directors of Operations.
This position will cover health centers in all three counties (Riverside, San Diego and El Centro) as needed and may be expected to be on site 3 to 4 days per week to support both family planning and specialty services sites.
The ideal candidate will have experience working in community health, urgent care or managed care environments with strong knowledge of health care issues and policies.
Have strong background in data analysis, identifying trends and opportunities for continuous improvement and passionate about impacting patient flow efficiencies and patient experience.
If you are driven by our mission and committed to quality healthcare for the communities of Riverside, San Diego and El Centro County and beyond, apply now!
In this role, you’ll get to:
- Be responsible for the financial, clinical and operational performance of the health centers including cross-center standardization, and standardized workflows
- Oversee Lead Clinicians and Health Center Managers in performing the following: Interview, hire, and retain health center staff – final decision-making authority jointly with Lead Clinicians and Health Center Managers
- Drive continuous course correction activities for health center operations that are not meeting quality or performance measure expectations
- Hold Lead Clinician and HCM accountable to job responsibilities and meeting established goals/metrics
- Work closely within Health Center Operations and with all other departments to ensure operational effectiveness, staff engagement and patient experience expectations are being met
- Collaborate with other departments and resource staff to facilitate matrix management model for support, training and performance management
- Participate routinely in affiliate-wide leadership meetings and share best practices to other affiliate leaders
- Ensure compliance to Planned Parenthood clinical standards and quality of medical care by identifying areas of improvement, communicating perceived needs to appropriate persons, and participating/leading in development of improvement plans
- Are responsible for ensuring clinical center staff are aware of roles and understand available resources for supportive team collaboration
- Provide fiscal oversight of health centers by partnering with the Finance Department to manage operational and capital budgets, and to ensure supply and consumable inventories are cost effective and meet health center needs
- Routinely monitor and promote proactive intervention in areas affecting expenses, clinician productivity, patient access, and revenue cycle such as staffing and OT levels, registration, scheduling of appointments, no show rates, appointment cancellations, charge entry, and coding; developing and implementing remediation plans
- Partner with Patient Access and Scheduling Office to identify and communicate health center staffing levels and ensure ratios are maintained
- Partner with Patient Access and Scheduling Office to ensure hours of operation and shift schedules meet the needs of patients and staff
- Provide ongoing evaluation and monitoring of all program and services within the health center
- Manage direct reports (Health Center Managers and Lead Clinicians within the center) and oversee health center team effectiveness by ensuring compliance to human resources policies and procedures, Foster PPPSW core culture and values, ensure accountability for performance and implements performance management system as appropriate, promote a climate of formalized, intentional, and open communication and information sharing within and across health centers, provide mentorship and guidance on optimizing effectiveness with health center manager/lead clinician dyad partners
- Establish PPPSW as a leading Planned Parenthood affiliate by building and maintaining a talented, dedicated and committed team with the depth and skills that enable PPPSW to effectively execute its strategic plan and achieve organization wide goals
- Lead, support, train, and coach health center leadership / direct reports so that they can carry out their roles effectively and drive high functioning health centers
- Ensure equitable access to quality care and health center services for patients
- Actively promotes DEI learning and awareness - coach and role model for Health Center Managers and Lead Clinicians
What we’re looking for:
- BA Degree or 4+ years of experience in Health Care Administration/Clinic Operations
- 5+ years of experience supervising a team of 10 or more
- Experience working in community health, urgent care or managed care environment with strong knowledge of health care issues and policies
- Experience with data analysis and identifying trends and opportunities for continuous improvement
- Experience impacting patient flow efficiencies and patient experience
- Proven leadership skills including excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment
- Must have budget planning and implementation experience
- Must have excellent motivational and teamwork skills
- Advanced knowledge of reproductive health care issues, or be willing to obtain
- Strong coaching and mentoring skills
- Master’s Degree in Business Management, Health Care Administration or equivalent preferred
$120,000 - $133,000 a year
At Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest (PPPSW) the philosophy behind our compensation efforts is to foster workplace equity by aligning pay and benefit structures with our Agency’s mission and values. These efforts are continuously evaluated as we work toward living out our social justice values as an employer. PPPSW recognizes that decisions about pay and benefits have significant impact on staff, and we work diligently to ensure all positions are compensated competitively as compared to other similar positions in the community. The Affiliate establishes compensation supported by a position description that identifies competencies, duties, responsibilities and qualifications. In alignment with the Agency culture, PPPSW will strive to communicate openly and transparently about the goals of the Agency and the design of the compensation policies. The Agency will ensure the compensation program is administered in a manner that is consistent with Agency’s value of pay equity.
Benefits Include: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401 Matching Program, Educational Assistance, Access to 1:1 Mental Fitness/Life coach, Premium CALM account and more!
Job Type: Full-time, Full Benefits
Location: San Diego, Riverside, El Centro
We are the power of Planned Parenthood.
We are Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest, one of the largest and most prominent affiliates of the most iconic health care organization in the world. We are recognized for the wide array of services we provide and the outstanding education we deliver.
We are a prominent and powerful team of health experts who work relentlessly to help our communities sustain their health and well-being. We adhere to the highest standards and protocols as we collaborate and care for people, without judgment.
100 years of advocating for our mission has secured our advancement, our future and our passion for practicing health care.
We are a team you can have fun with and a powerful movement you can be part of. Together we’ll take pride in shaping the future of sexual health and reproductive rights.
For those who feel that purpose is critical to their work, this is a gift.
In This Together.
Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please visit our careers page for more information: www.pppswcareers.org