San Diego, CA
Full Time Temporary to Possible Hire
Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest has been voted one of the best places to work. We are one of the largest providers of reproductive healthcare in Southern California, operating 17 health centers throughout our three county region. Check out our new video, "We are Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest” for more information about our organization: https://youtu.be/2ATarFSN3TQ.
Care. No Matter What.
We are seeking a full time Systems Analyst in San Diego, CA. The position will start as temporary with the possible transition to full time regular.
The Systems Analyst is responsible for the support, maintenance and upgrades of existing applications, Agency reporting, as well as participate in the selection and implementation of new Agency applications as they relate to Business Information Systems.
- Bachelor’s Degree with at least three years of experience supporting multiple business systems
- One year of SQL experience and data extraction, prep or analysis
- Two years’ experience in project management
- Three of supporting applications at a tier 2 level
- Experience working in a Microsoft shop supporting servers and databases
- Understanding of ETL/data warehousing methodologies
- Operational and technical understanding of Enterprise Hardware, Software and network environments
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours, weekends and holidays as needed for support, implementations and upgrades
- Ability to travel to all Agency locations with current California driver’s license and car insurance at Agency designated amounts; must have reliable transportation
- Support and troubleshoot end user issues and requests related to Business, Clinical and related applications
- Discuss users’ needs and determine vulnerabilities or areas of poor performance to boost productivity, efficiency and accuracy in our computer systems
- Identify and lead complex problems and situations, often involving cross system issues, to successful resolution
- Respond to end user support requests in a timely manner
- Research emerging technologies to decide if they can increase the organization’s efficiency and effectiveness
- Conducting regular reviews of systems and generating reports on efficiencies and improvement areas
- Leads or assists project leader in managing projects, designing and implementing new applications as well as upgrades to existing applications
- Coordinate and act as a liaison with other teams, departments and outside agencies with regard to the utilization of hardware, software and communication resources
- Build test plans, procedures and training material
- Monitor information systems usage and perform activities to enhance usage and user satisfaction
- Utilize change control standards and adhere to standards set for data security
- Maintain the accuracy and integrity of all system data, including quality assurance audits
- Build and maintain thorough and complete documentation; update all documentation on a timely basis
- Stays abreast of latest software modifications and implement upgrades to benefit systems performance
- Excellent ability in translating departmental needs into functional specifications for all Agency applications
- Execute escalation and support procedures as appropriate
- Assure service delivery in fulfilment of established performance metrics
We are the power of Planned Parenthood.
We are Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest, one of the largest and most prominent affiliates of the most iconic health care organization in the world. We are recognized for the wide array of services we provide and the outstanding education we deliver.
We are a prominent and powerful team of health experts who work relentlessly to help our communities sustain their health and well-being. We adhere to the highest standards and protocols as we collaborate and care for people, without judgment.
100 years of advocating for our mission has secured our advancement, our future and our passion for practicing health care.
We are a team you can have fun with and a powerful movement you can be part of. Together we’ll take pride in shaping the future of sexual health and reproductive rights.
For those who feel that purpose is critical to their work, this is a gift.
In This Together.
Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please visit our careers page for more information: www.pppswcareers.org