Promotorx- Community Engagement!
Riverside County, CA /
Community & Government Relations /
Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest has been voted one of the best places to work. We are one of the largest providers of reproductive healthcare in Southern California, operating 18 health centers throughout our three county region. Check out our new video, "We are Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest” for more information about our organization: https://youtu.be/2ATarFSN3TQ.
Care. No Matter What.
Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest is seeking a part time Promotorx in Riverside County, CA.
This role will provide outreach in sexuality and reproductive health to their community following the curriculum and guides designed by the Community Cased Health Initiatives Program.
Don't have a formal resume? That's okay! We want to see your experience, whether it's attending school, clubs, or other activities! Please attached a document with your information as your resume.
- High School diploma
- Experience in family planning, reproductive health, or related health field preferred.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) is required.
- Demonstrated interest and passion for working with the community.
- Must have good communication skills with aptitude for public speaking.
- Ability to work with diverse groups.
- Ability to provide outreach, advocacy and networking in their communities.
- Must have knowledge and understanding of the needs of the PPPSW region they serve.
Minimum Work Experience:
- Conduct outreach to peers in a one on one or group setting environment on Planned Parenthood services and programs.
- Be present, participate, and assist in the regular Promotorx staff meeting, training's and workshops.
- With supervisor approval, identify and participate in community outreach, events, and activities to promote the Agency’s services and programs.
- Participate in the planning and implementation of special projects.
- Visit with local and state elected officials to educate them on reproductive health and justice and other issues that are important to the community.
- Maintain a resource guide to provide the community with information/services available to them that may or may not be related to health.
- Advocate for and participate in Agency approved social issues.
- Perform the services in designated area. Agency approval is required prior to performing services outside designated areas.
- Provide supervisor with ideas and/or recommendations to improve the program as well as reporting any problems or conflicts arising out in the community.
- In support of PPPSW’s Just Culture Philosophy, identify and report errors, near misses, and employee, patient and customer safety concerns in a timely manner.
- to support risk and quality management by proactively communicating identified risks to supervisor in order to minimize risk when possible.
- Comply with PPPSWs Code of Conduct and maintain the highest level of professional and ethical standards and to act in compliance with both the letter and spirit of all applicable laws and regulations.
- Keep current of reproductive health and sexuality education issues.
- Attend any PPPSW training's, professional development workshops.
We are the power of Planned Parenthood.
We are Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest, one of the largest and most prominent affiliates of the most iconic health care organization in the world. We are recognized for the wide array of services we provide and the outstanding education we deliver.
We are a prominent and powerful team of health experts who work relentlessly to help our communities sustain their health and well-being. We adhere to the highest standards and protocols as we collaborate and care for people, without judgment.
100 years of advocating for our mission has secured our advancement, our future and our passion for practicing health care.
We are a team you can have fun with and a powerful movement you can be part of. Together we’ll take pride in shaping the future of sexual health and reproductive rights.
For those who feel that purpose is critical to their work, this is a gift.
In This Together.
Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please visit our careers page for more information: www.pppswcareers.org