Health Center Project Manager
Greater San Diego, CA
Medical Services & Quality – Executive Leadership
Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest has been voted one of the best places to work. We are one of the largest providers of reproductive healthcare in Southern California, operating 17 health centers throughout our three county region. Check out our new video, "We are Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest” for more information about our organization: https://youtu.be/2ATarFSN3TQ.
Care. No Matter What.
The Health Operations Project Manager is responsible for managing all aspects of multiple large project life cycles and ensures successful delivery of projects. They will lead agency project management efforts and ensure the streamlined coordination is in alignment with the business objectives and priorities of the organization.
This role will plan, coordinate, clearly communicate, direct, and assist primarily with identified Operations, Clinical and Medical Services focused projects. The Health Operations Project Manager will also work closely with decision makers in other departments as necessary to identify, recommend, develop, implement, support and/or manage cost-effective solutions to move projects forward.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred.
- Minimum five years of experience as an operations and/or technical project manager or project lead in a healthcare environment.
- Partner with the Health Center Strategy team to develop effective operational project planning, including fostering innovation, and organizing and negotiating the allocation of resources.
- Provide leadership, resources and collaborative guidance in partnership with the Project Champions for each initiative to ensure effective coordination, communication and delivery on agency projects.
- Prepare and provide regularly scheduled project updates with the organization’s project stakeholders, department heads, and end users regarding pertinent activities and projects.
- Ensure projects are on track and build contingency and mitigation plans.
- Develop and maintain detail project plans.
- Manage project scope, timeline, resources, costs, and quality, while integrating and leading change management best practices.
- Continually evaluate and improve project management support tools.
- Develop new business processes and tools to support management of projects, as needed.
- Ensure a strong collaboration and communication structure, along with clarity in project accountability, leadership and sponsorship.
- Schedule and lead project meetings as required.
- Design metrics and measure success of initiatives.
- Promote teamwork and maintain high level of satisfaction within project team members.
- Develop agency-wide project management processes and serve as a subject matter expert for other PPPSW staff.
- Keep current with the latest technologies and healthcare best practices.
- In support of PPPSW’s Just Culture Philosophy, identify and report errors, near misses, and employee, patient and customer safety concerns in a timely manner.
- To support risk and quality management by proactively communicating identified risks to supervisor in order to minimize risk when possible.
- Comply with PPPSW's Code of Conduct and maintain the highest level of professional and ethical standards and to act in compliance with both the letter and spirit of all applicable laws and regulations.
*Loc=San Diego admin
We are the power of Planned Parenthood.
We are Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest, one of the largest and most prominent affiliates of the most iconic health care organization in the world. We are recognized for the wide array of services we provide and the outstanding education we deliver.
We are a prominent and powerful team of health experts who work relentlessly to help our communities sustain their health and well-being. We adhere to the highest standards and protocols as we collaborate and care for people, without judgment.
100 years of advocating for our mission has secured our advancement, our future and our passion for practicing health care.
We are a team you can have fun with and a powerful movement you can be part of. Together we’ll take pride in shaping the future of sexual health and reproductive rights.
For those who feel that purpose is critical to their work, this is a gift.
In This Together.
Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please visit our careers page for more information: www.pppswcareers.org