Clinical Quality and Research Program Manager
San Diego, CA
Medical Services & Quality – Clinical/Medical
Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest has been voted one of the best places to work. We are one of the largest providers of reproductive healthcare in Southern California, operating 17 health centers throughout our three county region. Check out our new video, "We are Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest” for more information about our organization: https://youtu.be/2ATarFSN3TQ.
Care. No Matter What.
Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest is seeking a Clinical Quality & Research Program Manager in San Diego.
The Clinical Quality & Research Program Manager develops, facilitates and coordinates quality improvement projects resulting in improved patient care and patient experience. They are responsible for gathering and reporting data and providing recommendations in all domains of practice including quality and safety, cost, and service. Collaborates with leadership on special projects relating to improved processes and procedures. Provides direction, training and development involving all aspects of quality improvement as well as providing expertise and support in identifying and managing potential internal and external research opportunities.
- Bachelor's Degree in Healthcare related field; Master's Degree highly desirable
- Previous Quality and/or Process Improvement experience; Previous Clinical Research Experience; Project Management experience highly desired
- Demonstrated knowledge of quality improvement principles and practices (i.e., rapid cycle improvement, Six Sigma, Lean, balanced scorecards, etc.), project management, patient safety concepts, data analysis, data management and statistical process control in healthcare.
- Demonstrated knowledge of external regulatory and accreditation agency rules and regulations
- Demonstrated experience facilitating and coordinating healthcare improvement projects with previous quality improvement project experience
- Manage Quality Improvement Projects and Initiatives (30%)
- Collaborates with Medical Services and Operations leadership to identify and respond to issues affecting the delivery of patient care.
- Researches and recommends strategies and best practices and assists with the implementation of programs to increase patient care quality and patient experience.
- Consults with various departments, health center leadership and committees on the design, structure and implementation of quality improvement programs.
- Leads and facilitates cross-functional teams focused upon the implementation of quality improvement initiatives designed to improve patient care and safety; consults on the redesign of systems and processes.
- Assists with the development of training programs for staff on selected quality improvement tools, methods, and techniques
- Actively participate in the HEDIS and quality metric review process, and work with providers and health centers on improving performance to achieve desired results.
- Partners with leaders and members of the health centers to determine data needs as well as assist in designing tools and reports as necessary.
- Acts as the content and technical subject matter expert to the health center leaders for key project initiatives including the development of detailed work plans, facilitating root cause analysis, identifying and socializing process enhancements, setting deadlines, assigning responsibilities, and monitoring/summarizing project progress for quality improvement projects.
- Data Creation, Analysis and Monitoring (25%)
- Develops, analyzes and presents quality improvement metrics and benchmarks. Utilizes dashboards, balanced scorecards and data analysis methods (i.e., control charts, run charts) to accurately display and measure performance variables.
- Develops and disseminates quality improvement reports to the various Medical Services and Operations leadership and assists in their preparation for Board meeting presentations.
- Facilitates sentinel event investigations and root cause analysis; conducts proactive risk/quality assessments using techniques such as FMEA's.
- Monitor and coordinate the design and development of data retrieval tools, flow charts and review processes for HEDIS and other quality improvement monitoring activities.
- Conducts needs assessments and identification to ensure the program teams and other external stakeholders receive information regarding the Agency’s and centers’ quality performance in a timely manner.
- Patient Experience and Voice (25%)
- Provides leadership with monitoring, translation and utilization of Press-Ganey patient satisfaction data as well as regular reporting to leadership, medical services teams and health centers.
- Works with Medical Services, Operations, and Health Center leaders to transform the experience of patients and families utilizing performance improvement strategies and tactics, as well as patient and employee engagement strategies to improve quality and safety.
- Manage the development and implementation of the Patient Advisory Council and other patient feedback initiatives, including text and email surveys and video conferencing.
- Oversee programs to conduct and present survey research on patient experience and satisfaction.
- Represents the patient voice in ongoing service excellence, meetings, and education.
- Develop and monitor patient grievances and complaints and propose quality improvement initiatives to address trends.
- Research (10%)
- Organize and implement the protocol of each research study.
- Assist in coordinating each project and performing ongoing tasks related to participant recruitment and data collection, which include but are not limited to eligibility screening and participant recruitment, establishing and maintaining research records for study participants, administering standardized measures (including questionnaires, interviews and specialized electronic monitoring devices) and entering data into computerized database.
- Assisting research investigators in tracking grant budgets within the guidelines and policies established by PPPSW as well as sponsoring agencies.
- Coordinate all required submissions related to protocol, and procedures to the Institutional Review Board.
- Support and assist with grant submissions and manuscript preparation, including assisting with literature reviews, references and writing.
- Coordinate audits and on-site visits by sponsoring agencies.
- Compliance (10%)
- Under the guidance of the Senior Director of Quality, coordinate Accreditation efforts for the Medical Services and Operations teams.
- Manage quarterly compliance information including, but not limited to, API Proficiency and Pharmacy Audits
- Ensures CLIA, OSHA and other agency guidelines are followed in the health centers and manuals and policies are maintained.
*Loc=San Diego Admin
We are the power of Planned Parenthood.
We are Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest, one of the largest and most prominent affiliates of the most iconic health care organization in the world. We are recognized for the wide array of services we provide and the outstanding education we deliver.
We are a prominent and powerful team of health experts who work relentlessly to help our communities sustain their health and well-being. We adhere to the highest standards and protocols as we collaborate and care for people, without judgment.
100 years of advocating for our mission has secured our advancement, our future and our passion for practicing health care.
We are a team you can have fun with and a powerful movement you can be part of. Together we’ll take pride in shaping the future of sexual health and reproductive rights.
For those who feel that purpose is critical to their work, this is a gift.
In This Together.
Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please visit our careers page for more information: www.pppswcareers.org