Registered Nurse III (Flex)
Riverside, CA /
Medical Services & Center Operations – Clinical/Medical /
Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest has been voted one of the best places to work. We are one of the largest providers of reproductive healthcare in Southern California, operating 18 health centers throughout our three county region. Check out our new video, "We are Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest” for more information about our organization: https://youtu.be/2ATarFSN3TQ.
Care. No Matter What.
As a Flex REGISTERED NURSE III you will have the opportunity to provide nursing and medical care to patients seeking reproductive health care in the family planning and specialty centers. You will also provide leadership and serve as a strong medical resource to the clinic team.
This exciting opportunity will oversee and maintain responsibility for nursing services in the Riverside County Clinics. Dispense all FDA approved birth control methods (including emergency contraception) per Clinician orders and maintain working knowledge of all medications used to educate patients on DA approved birth control methods.
The ideal candidate will be able to communicate effectively with patients and co-workers of all backgrounds and willing to work flexible hours, including evenings, some Saturdays, and participate in on-call duty. If you are highly self-motivated, driven by our mission, and committed to quality healthcare, apply now!
In this role, you’ll get to:
- Dispense controlled substances as directed by Physician or mid-level Clinician.
- Educate clients on contraception, other medication, cancer screening, and STIs.
- Administer IV conscious sedation as directed by Physician or APC clinician.
- Monitor post-abortion and GYN surgery patients recovering from analgesia, IV conscious sedation, and moderate sedation.
- Assist in transferring clients (100+ pounds) to and from wheelchair, exam table, gurney, and/or recovery chairs. Clients may require minimal or no assistance to partial or full assistance.
- Participate in Specialty Services Center “on-call” responsibilities to provide after-hours care for clients experiencing complications. Must be able to arrive at center within sixty minutes of physician determining that client must be seen. Compensation is provided.
What we’re looking for:
- Registered Nurse with current California License.
- Current BLS and ACLS certification.
- 1+ Years of experience as an RN.
- Bilingual in Spanish/English preferred.
- 1+ years’ experience in Women’s Healthcare, Surgical Centers or Emergency Room preferred.
Job Type: Full-time
We are the power of Planned Parenthood.
We are Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest, one of the largest and most prominent affiliates of the most iconic health care organization in the world. We are recognized for the wide array of services we provide and the outstanding education we deliver.
We are a prominent and powerful team of health experts who work relentlessly to help our communities sustain their health and well-being. We adhere to the highest standards and protocols as we collaborate and care for people, without judgment.
100 years of advocating for our mission has secured our advancement, our future and our passion for practicing health care.
We are a team you can have fun with and a powerful movement you can be part of. Together we’ll take pride in shaping the future of sexual health and reproductive rights.
For those who feel that purpose is critical to their work, this is a gift.
In This Together.
Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please visit our careers page for more information: www.pppswcareers.org