Security Program Manager
Los Angeles, CA
Human Resources & Security – Security
Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest has been voted one of the best places to work. We are one of the largest providers of reproductive healthcare in Southern California, operating 17 health centers throughout our three county region. Check out our new video, "We are Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest” for more information about our organization: https://youtu.be/2ATarFSN3TQ.
Care. No Matter What.
The Security Program Manager manages the South Pacific Regional Security Program and maintains high quality Security/Emergency preparedness programs and initiatives that support healthcare policies, staff communications, and comprehensive training for staff, patients, volunteers, donors and other customers of Planned Parenthood.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred.
- Experience: 3 years of experience in a public safety, security and/or emergency management related field, with 1+ years of program management experience preferred.
- Required Licenses/Certifications: BSIS approved guard card for the State of California or the willingness to obtain one within 60 days of hire.
- Demonstrated knowledge of principles and practices of security/emergency management, including security preventative practices and the four phases of emergency management.
- Must be familiar with execution of security systems (i.e. camera, access and control).
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Capability to independently solve a variety of difficult situations and problems in the absence of the Director of Business Continuity, Emergency Management and Security.
- Strong leadership skills and demonstrated ability to carry out projects.
- Must possess the initiative, good judgment and knowledge to assist in an efficient and relevant personal safety and preparedness program.
- Proven investigation tactics and techniques for internal and external practices.
- Excellent public speaking skills, proven ability to prepare and present training topics, and instill confidence in the information and training provided.
- Ability to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends and 24-hour response for security emergencies, if necessary.
- Must be willing to travel to all program affiliated locations.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to handle tasks independently.
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects, meet deadlines and work independently under minimum supervision.
- Must be flexible and have excellent teamwork skills to work well with others in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent computer skills including Word, Excel, Outlook & PowerPoint.
- Bilingual English/Spanish skills preferred.
We are the power of Planned Parenthood.
We are Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest, one of the largest and most prominent affiliates of the most iconic health care organization in the world. We are recognized for the wide array of services we provide and the outstanding education we deliver.
We are a prominent and powerful team of health experts who work relentlessly to help our communities sustain their health and well-being. We adhere to the highest standards and protocols as we collaborate and care for people, without judgment.
100 years of advocating for our mission has secured our advancement, our future and our passion for practicing health care.
We are a team you can have fun with and a powerful movement you can be part of. Together we’ll take pride in shaping the future of sexual health and reproductive rights.
For those who feel that purpose is critical to their work, this is a gift.
In This Together.
Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please visit our careers page for more information: www.pppswcareers.org