Medical Assistant Supervisor
Chula Vista, CA /
Health Center Support /
Full Time, 40 hrs, 5 days
Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest has been voted one of the best places to work. We are one of the largest providers of reproductive healthcare in Southern California, operating 19 health centers throughout our three county region. Check out our new video, "We are Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest” for more information about our organization: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JFgoD8pcg0.
Care. No Matter What.
As the Medical Assistant Supervisor, you will have the opportunity to supervise, build, and maintain a team of medical assistants (MAs), including regular coaching and development. This will include creating a psychologically safe team environment rooted in diversity, equity, and inclusion. In this exciting opportunity, you will work as a MA approximately 50% of the time and role model the highest level of care and best practices of an MA. In addition, the Medical Assistant Supervisor will partner with center leaders to support MAs with productivity, efficiency, and change management, and serve as a champion for agency wide initiatives that pertain to the MA role.
The ideal candidate will be dedicated to providing the highest level of customer service to stakeholders of all backgrounds, and have the ability to handle sensitive situations with a strong intrapersonal savvy. If you have excellent problem solving skills, can take initiative, and are driven by our mission, apply now!
In this role, you’ll get to:
- Work as a MA approximately 50% of the time.
- Promote a highly collaborative partnership between MAs and clinicians to provide efficient and high-quality care to patients.
- Collaborate and ensure successful communication with MA staff regarding policy and protocols and MA development needs.
- Hire for MA positions, train, retain, terminate (if necessary), and evaluate all MA staff in cooperation with the Human Resources Department.
- Responsible for performance management including corrective action plans in partnership with HR and Center Manager.
- Ensure MAs are adhering to all wage and hour requirements including meal and rest breaks.
- Hold MA staff accountable to create an inclusive workplace through coaching and counseling that fosters the development of others, facilitate teamwork, and support constructive resolution of conflict.
- Treat MAs in a manner that demonstrates fairness and consistency.
- Build and monitor employee engagement. Recognize when staff engagement is low and take corrective action.
- Hold regular coaching conversations with MAs.
- In collaboration with the Center Manager and Health Center Lead Clinician, responsible for the overall success of the health center, including supporting standardization of medical services by monitoring adherence and providing feedback for improvement.
- Work closely with Center Manager and Health Center Lead Clinician to support MAs in resolving questions and problem-solving quality-related issues that come along during daily operations.
- Collaborate with the Quality team to promote understanding of and adherence to MA-related policies and procedures including CPM, CLIA, and QA reporting.
- Ensure that the MA team complies with all safety policies and procedures including infection control.
- Ensure MA compliance with all regulatory requirements including required trainings, procedures, and drills per Agency policy and regulatory mandates.
- Step in as next in charge in the absence of the Center Manager and/or Health Center Lead Clinician.
- Oversee training of MAs on the entire MA role, including standardized protocols and processes related to clinical quality, accuracy, and appropriate delivery of care, advanced skills training, Agency required training, efficiency and productivity, customer service, etc. Ensure training accommodates different learning styles.
- Assess MA’s clinical knowledge, skills and EHR documentation and provide constructive feedback and additional training opportunities as need.
- Ensure clinical and workflow changes that impact MA role are fully conveyed, understood, and implemented within the health center.
- Attend trainings, staff meetings and in-services to maintain and increase knowledge of protocols and procedures.
What we’re looking for:
- 1+ years of Medical Assistant experience
- CPR certification
- Must be willing to work Saturdays
- 2+ years of Medical Assistant experience and supervisory experience
- At Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest (PPPSW) the philosophy behind our compensation efforts is to foster workplace equity by aligning pay and benefit structures with our Agency’s mission and values. These efforts are continuously evaluated as we work toward living out our social justice values as an employer. PPPSW recognizes that decisions about pay and benefits have a significant impact on staff, and we work diligently to ensure all positions are compensated competitively as compared to other similar positions in the community. The Affiliate establishes compensation supported by a position description that identifies competencies, duties, responsibilities, and qualifications. In alignment with the Agency culture, PPPSW will strive to communicate openly and transparently about the goals of the Agency and the design of the compensation policies. The Agency will ensure the compensation program is administered in a manner that is consistent with the Agency’s value of pay equity.
- The hiring rate for this position is $33.50-$41.00 per hour.
$33.50 - $41 an hour
We are the power of Planned Parenthood.
We are Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest, one of the largest and most prominent affiliates of the most iconic health care organization in the world. We are recognized for the wide array of services we provide and the outstanding education we deliver.
We are a prominent and powerful team of health experts who work relentlessly to help our communities sustain their health and well-being. We adhere to the highest standards and protocols as we collaborate and care for people, without judgment.
100 years of advocating for our mission has secured our advancement, our future and our passion for practicing health care.
We are a team you can have fun with and a powerful movement you can be part of. Together we’ll take pride in shaping the future of sexual health and reproductive rights.
For those who feel that purpose is critical to their work, this is a gift.
In This Together.
Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please visit our careers page for more information: www.pppswcareers.org