Clinical Laboratory Manager
San Diego, CA /
Medical Services & Center Operations – Lab /
Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest has been voted one of the best places to work. We are one of the largest providers of reproductive healthcare in Southern California, operating 18 health centers throughout our three county region. Check out our new video, "We are Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest” for more information about our organization: https://youtu.be/2ATarFSN3TQ.
Care. No Matter What.
As a Clinical Laboratory Manager you will be responsible for the overall operations and supervision of the Laboratory.
This exciting opportunity will manage budget by utilizing analysis of statistical data for budgetary control, monitoring and reporting. To keep in compliance with Federal and state regulations (CLIA, OSHA and California Department of Public Health), you will also maintain current laboratory licenses for staff. In addition, you will also create, implement and update Quality Assessment practices for the Laboratory and perform lab testing to ensure operational needs are met.
The ideal candidate will be adaptable, flexible and detail oriented. If you are highly self-motivated, driven by our mission, and able to build strong, collaborative relationships across all levels of the organization, apply now!
In this role, you’ll get to:
- Support health center efforts to achieve established goals for productivity and quality metrics.
- Support health center/affiliate efforts to achieve established revenue cycle goals.
- Perform testing for the effective and efficient functioning of the laboratory.
- Record and release test results in accordance with laboratory procedures.
- Perform routine equipment function checks, equipment maintenance, and Quality Assurance record keeping and such other Quality Assurance activities.
- Participate in continuing educational programs as required by accrediting agencies and Agency policy.
- Responsible for all aspects of staff supervision including: Interview and hire Lab staff, Identify and assess employees’ skills and make recommendations to improve performance and develop and train direct reports.
- Create and maintain strong teams.
- Train and develop Clinical Lab Scientist.
- Manage inventories and ensure that the laboratory has supplied equipment necessary to carry on its services effectively.
- Ensure routine laboratory security and safety.
- Implement, monitor, and evaluate new programs and services as necessary.
What we’re looking for:
- Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred. Training in an approved school or program of medical technology.
- Licenses: CA Clinical Laboratory Scientist category or sub specialty preferred
- 2 years of experience in medical technology
- Must have at least 1 year experience managing staff of 2 or more
- Experience and knowledge of Practice Management Systems preferred
- Maintain, operate, and interpret data from complex machinery and analyzers such as Hologic Panther
- Experience and knowledge of LIS software preferred
- Must serve as a subject expert on CLIA and other lab regulations as related to lab testing
*Loc=San Diego admin
We are the power of Planned Parenthood.
We are Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest, one of the largest and most prominent affiliates of the most iconic health care organization in the world. We are recognized for the wide array of services we provide and the outstanding education we deliver.
We are a prominent and powerful team of health experts who work relentlessly to help our communities sustain their health and well-being. We adhere to the highest standards and protocols as we collaborate and care for people, without judgment.
100 years of advocating for our mission has secured our advancement, our future and our passion for practicing health care.
We are a team you can have fun with and a powerful movement you can be part of. Together we’ll take pride in shaping the future of sexual health and reproductive rights.
For those who feel that purpose is critical to their work, this is a gift.
In This Together.
Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please visit our careers page for more information: www.pppswcareers.org