Regional Security Manager
San Diego, CA /
Human Resources & Security – Security /
Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest has been voted one of the best places to work. We are one of the largest providers of reproductive healthcare in Southern California, operating 18 health centers throughout our three county region. Check out our new video, "We are Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest” for more information about our organization: https://youtu.be/2ATarFSN3TQ.
Care. No Matter What.
As a Regional Security Manager you will have the opportunity to manage day to day operations and maintain high quality Security/Emergency preparedness programs and initiatives that support healthcare policies, staff communications, and comprehensive training for staff, patients, volunteers, and donors for PPPSW.
This exciting opportunity will also Support the development of strategic plans and program documents such as plans, policies, procedures, drawing upon technical insight and understanding in related technical disciplines to support Agency’s business and overall goals. In addition, this position will provide 24-hour response system for security emergencies and addresses any concerns with police departments regarding the safety of PPPSW facilities or events.
The ideal candidate will have excellent public speaking skills, proven ability to prepare and present training topics and take lead with internal and external stakeholders during security related situations. If you are highly self-motivated and passionate about our mission, apply now!
In this role, you'll get to:
- Develop, implement, and maintain departmental programs regarding personnel security, information, security, physical security, and emergency preparedness planning.
- Serve as the primary liaison to local law enforcement and maintain contacts for emergency purposes.
- Acts as liaison to community organizations, local and state government as well as other healthcare entities in areas of disaster preparedness.
- Manage all aspects of emergency preparedness contracts, with the County of San Diego, Riverside, and Imperial Counties, State of California and others.
- Participate or lead internal and external committees on workplace safety planning, management and training initiatives.
- Communicate with and oversee day to day schedule of “rover guards,” make changes to schedule as necessary.
- Train and manage the new staff in New Hire Orientation for security/emergency related issues, Train all call center staff and other applicable staff on policies and procedures with individual one-on-one trainings and Train Promotor@s groups and other outreach groups representative of PPPSW in the community.
- Assist the Director of Emergency Management and Security in providing trainings to various groups outside PPPSW.
- Conduct risk assessments on key staff, board members, or donors for personal, home, and social media safety.
- Coordinate with the Volunteer Manager in maintaining an escort program to assist patients entering and exiting our health centers.
- Be responsible for all training and implementation of the Employee Notification System for security/emergency related issues
What we're looking for:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience (4 Years) in public safety, security and/or emergency management or a similar field.
- 4+ years of experience in a public safety, security and/or emergency management related field
- Experience in identifying trends and traits
- Experience with managing multiple teams in the field.
- Ability to handle crisis situations, calmly and efficiently.
- High attention to detail and ability to follow through on tasks.
- Experience investigating suspicious behavior (collects intelligence, documents behavior, installs cameras, etc.)
- Hands-on project oversight experience in testing and implementing security systems (i.e. video surveillance systems, access control, burglary alarms)
- Excellent public communication skills.
- 2+ years of program management experience preferred.
- Experience working with health centers or multi-faceted organizations preferred.
We are the power of Planned Parenthood.
We are Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest, one of the largest and most prominent affiliates of the most iconic health care organization in the world. We are recognized for the wide array of services we provide and the outstanding education we deliver.
We are a prominent and powerful team of health experts who work relentlessly to help our communities sustain their health and well-being. We adhere to the highest standards and protocols as we collaborate and care for people, without judgment.
100 years of advocating for our mission has secured our advancement, our future and our passion for practicing health care.
We are a team you can have fun with and a powerful movement you can be part of. Together we’ll take pride in shaping the future of sexual health and reproductive rights.
For those who feel that purpose is critical to their work, this is a gift.
In This Together.
Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please visit our careers page for more information: www.pppswcareers.org