IT Support Technician
San Diego, CA
Full Time Temporary to Possible Hire
Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest has been voted one of the best places to work. We are one of the largest providers of reproductive healthcare in Southern California, operating 17 health centers throughout our three county region. Check out our new video, "We are Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest” for more information about our organization: https://youtu.be/2ATarFSN3TQ.
Care. No Matter What.
We are seeking a full time IT Support Technician in San Diego, CA. The position will start as temporary with the possible transition to full time regular.
The IT Support Technician will provide excellent customer service to all Agency staff by providing technical and applications services support to ensure continuity for all Agency programs, hardware and services maintained by the IT department as well as for training of Agency personnel.
- Bachelor degree in computer science or related field or equivalent experience.
- A+, CCNA or MCITP Certification strongly preferred.
- 3-4 years of experience providing technical support to end users with a strong emphasis on customer service - preferably in a health care environment.
- 3 years of experience working with Windows and Microsoft Office Suite.
- 3 years of experience working within a helpdesk ticketing system.
- 3-4 years of experience and demonstrated skills in troubleshooting hardware, software, printers, network issues at the computer and server level required
- 2 years of experience working with virtual desktop solutions strongly preferred
- Healthcare operations and applications (EHR, EPM, HIT) experience preferred
- 2 years of experience in high availability environments preferred
- 3 years of working with in Active Directory preferred
- 2 years of experience supporting hosted solutions preferred
- Advanced understanding around Group Policy preferred
- Experience with configuration and support of Wyse thin clients is plus
- Experience with VMWare View preferred
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) skills preferred.
- Willingness to travel to all family planning and surgical centers.
- Identify, research, and resolve technical incidents and follow up with customers to ensure satisfactory resolution.
- Track, update, and monitor incidents and requests to ensure timely resolution and maintain updated ticketing application for tracking purposes.
- Ensure proper problem escalation, notification, follow-up and continuity of requests escalated to Infrastructure and Applications teams.
- Install, configure, test, maintain, and troubleshoot end user networked peripheral devices, workstation hardware, and client software.
- Travel extensively to various company locations to provide onsite technical support.
- Be “on-call” for all periods as assigned by manager.
- Keep current on information regarding Agency's hardware and software. Maintain proficiency in IT systems, policies, and procedures as well as user support techniques.
- Under the direction of the IT Support Manager, assist and train both technical and non-technical staff in computer operations and software usage. Provide “train the trainer” support to management and trainers to ensure correct information is disseminated throughout the Agency
- Enhance automation processes and coordinates with internal departments to recommend systems or production environment modifications or other corrective actions as appropriate.
- Participates in special projects as appropriate.
- Provide maintenance and support of IP telephony, voice mail, virtual desktop, Active Directory and Single Sign-On services.
- Protect the Agency by handling sensitive information with appropriate confidentiality.
- Attend mandatory meetings and training sessions.
- In support of PPPSW’s Just Culture Philosophy, identify and report errors, near misses, and employee, patient and customer safety concerns in a timely manner.
- To support risk and quality management by proactively communicating identified risks to supervisor in order to minimize risk when possible.
- Comply with PPPSWs Code of Conduct and maintain the highest level of professional and ethical standards and to act in compliance with both the letter and spirit of all applicable laws and regulations
*Loc=San Diego Admin
We are the power of Planned Parenthood.
We are Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest, one of the largest and most prominent affiliates of the most iconic health care organization in the world. We are recognized for the wide array of services we provide and the outstanding education we deliver.
We are a prominent and powerful team of health experts who work relentlessly to help our communities sustain their health and well-being. We adhere to the highest standards and protocols as we collaborate and care for people, without judgment.
100 years of advocating for our mission has secured our advancement, our future and our passion for practicing health care.
We are a team you can have fun with and a powerful movement you can be part of. Together we’ll take pride in shaping the future of sexual health and reproductive rights.
For those who feel that purpose is critical to their work, this is a gift.
In This Together.
Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please visit our careers page for more information: www.pppswcareers.org