Executive Assistant and Coordinator of Medical Education Programs
San Diego Administration Building /
Medical Services & Center Operations – Medical Services /
As an Executive Assistant and Coordinator of Medical Education Programs you will have the opportunity to manage administrative duties to support the Chief Medical Officer by efficiently scheduling meetings, setting up and supervising conference calls, taking detailed minutes, arranging travel logistics, thoroughly communicating follow ups and track assignments and invoices from providers who report directly to the Chief Medical Officer.
This exciting opportunity will also be responsible for the coordination and follow up of medical education programs and will schedule meetings, communicate with rotating learners (medical students, residents, Nurse Practitioners/Physician Assistants/Certified Nurse Midwife students) and assisting the Medical Education Program Director.
The ideal candidate will be well organized, able to multi-task and maintain confidentiality, have excellent written and communication skills, proficient in Microsoft 365 and all video meeting platforms and have a background in Medical Education/Residency Programs. If you are driven by our mission, and committed to quality healthcare, apply now!
In this role, you'll get to:
- CMO Support Responsibilities
- Organize, plan, and direct the daily operations of the CMO
- Manage CMO’s schedule via Outlook
- Manage CMO’s inbox frequently, responding to scheduling requests and flagging urgent/action items
- Provide confidential administrative support to the CMO including coordinating projects for the Clinical Services team, tracking assignments and invoices of contract physicians, coordinating on-boarding of new direct reports to the CMO, etc.
- Manage the monthly assignment of clinician charts to supervising physicians
- Track PTO requests and sign off on timesheets for direct reports of the CMO
- Arrange onboarding and manage contracts, vendor forms and listservs for staff physicians and contract hires (CRNAs, supervising physicians, contract physicians)
- Assemble and distribute weekly Clinical Services newsletter. Coordinate activities with other Executive Team members’ assistants (i.e., coordinating vacations, absences, priority projects)
- Act as a liaison between CMO and other staff and/or departments. Greet and screen telephone calls, visitors, and community contacts by answering and directing inquires as needed
- Check CMO office for paperwork to collect, supplies, mail, tidiness, and printer paper/ink levels
- Draft and edit materials and communications from the CMO, including the quarterly Contractor Provider newsletter
- Oversee and reconcile monthly expense report for CMO. Review and approve expense reports for CMO’s direct reports
- Keep CMO’s relevant memberships/licenses active. Oversee travel arrangements for the CMO Essential Functions Coordinate Medical Director meetings, retreats and various staff and committee meetings including all aspects of meetings management
- Schedule all quarterly lead clinician and annual physician audits, as well as biannual conversations with direct reports
- As delegated by the CMO, arrange occasional events for contract providers, community members, and other staff
- Notify CMO of direct reports’ upcoming life events and assist with gift preparation and delivery
- Assist with all PPFA requirements of the CMO and clinical services and all administrative materials needed for PPFA accreditation compliance
- Medical Education, Clinical Services & CME/CEU Program Responsibilities:
- Maintain active schedule of all trainees and communicate any schedule changes, clinical rotations and shadowing requests to appropriate parties including trainees, institutional contacts, and health center staff
- Maintain Medical Education Program contracts and learning affiliation agreements
- Ensure trainee IT accounts, computer access, and learning plans are arranged and assigned as appropriate, in addition to closing all accounts at the end of each rotation
- Meet regularly with the Director of Medical Education Programs to discuss scheduling and agreements. Coordinate meetings, agendas and follow up communication on behalf of the Medical Educational Program Director
- Respond to all training requests and inquiries from the website and front desk
- Populate and maintain Humanity training schedules for all trainees
- Coordinate the Continuing Education Units (CEU) and Continuing Medical Education (CME) programs including the topic selection, application process, coordination and management of webinar software and webinar scheduling/invites, certificate distribution, presenter support, honorarium requests, and posting to the intranet for monthly webinars and annual health center education days
- Assist with intranet management, performing maintenance and assisting with page updates
What we're looking for:
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent years of experience (4+ Years of experience as an Executive Assistant or similar role)
- Demonstrated experience managing executive level staff
- Strong communications skills, both oral and written (writing sample will be required)
- Ability to communicate with tact and diplomacy
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion
- Ability to work well under pressure and with minimal supervision
- Ability to work with all levels of staff
- Ability to assess multiple priorities and manage time appropriately
- Strong organizational skills and be detail-oriented
- Willing to work flexible hours
- Experience with Medical education/Residency programs
- Experience with writing/designing email announcements, newsletters and memos
$71,578 - $85,000 a year
At Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest (PPPSW) the philosophy behind our compensation efforts is to foster workplace equity by aligning pay and benefit structures with our Agency’s mission and values. These efforts are continuously evaluated as we work toward living out our social justice values as an employer. PPPSW recognizes that decisions about pay and benefits have significant impact on staff, and we work diligently to ensure all positions are compensated competitively as compared to other similar positions in the community. The Affiliate establishes compensation supported by a position description that identifies competencies, duties, responsibilities and qualifications. In alignment with the Agency culture, PPPSW will strive to communicate openly and transparently about the goals of the Agency and the design of the compensation policies. The Agency will ensure the compensation program is administered in a manner that is consistent with Agency’s value of pay equity.
As part of the total rewards package, we offer discounted Medical, Dental, Vision, a 401 Matching Program, Educational Assistance, Access to 1:1 Mental Fitness/Life coach, Premium CALM account and more!
We are the power of Planned Parenthood.
We are Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest, one of the largest and most prominent affiliates of the most iconic health care organization in the world. We are recognized for the wide array of services we provide and the outstanding education we deliver.
We are a prominent and powerful team of health experts who work relentlessly to help our communities sustain their health and well-being. We adhere to the highest standards and protocols as we collaborate and care for people, without judgment.
100 years of advocating for our mission has secured our advancement, our future and our passion for practicing health care.
We are a team you can have fun with and a powerful movement you can be part of. Together we’ll take pride in shaping the future of sexual health and reproductive rights.
For those who feel that purpose is critical to their work, this is a gift.
In This Together.