Community Engagement & Education Specialist I
Riverside, CA / Corona, CA / Murrieta, CA
Community & Government Relations /
Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest is one of the largest providers of sexual and reproductive healthcare in Southern California, operating 20 health centers throughout our three-county region. Check out our new video, "We are Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest” for more information about our organization: https://bit.ly/WeArePPPSW.
Care. No Matter What.
As a Community Engagement & Education Specialist, you will be responsible for advancing the mission of PPPSW and the goals of the External Affairs department in the Western Riverside County region and surrounding areas.
You will act as an ambassador of the Agency by creating community partnership opportunities, building and providing educational presentations in person and virtually, coordinating outreach/tabling and networking at events, creating social media content and acting as a liaison between PPPSW health centers and their communities.
This exciting opportunity will be responsible for enhancing PPPSW's presence and image in the community and facilitating educational presentations using industry standards and best practices.
The ideal candidate will have strong experience in facilitating presentations, flexible in various situations, keep an open mind, enjoy learning new things and a self-starter. If you are driven by our mission, and able to build strong, collaborative relationships across all levels of the organization and the community of Riverside, CA, apply now!
In this role, you'll get to:
- Develop an understanding of the systems, issues, and needs of communities within designated geographical area(s) in order to provide feedback on how to better serve them
- Coordinate, schedule, and provide educational presentations to groups, community-based organizations, faith-based organizations, juvenile and adult justice systems, schools, and others as appropriate
- Provide educational presentations in person and/or in a virtual setting
- Use online resources to ensure participation and effectively deliver education on virtual platforms
- Ability to develop, cooperate, and participate in social media content with region lead
- Serve as liaison between the External Affairs department, health center staff, and the community
- Assist with the development of educational and promotional materials
- Maintain, evaluate, and update materials and resources used for presentations with direction from CE Managers
- Keep current on sexuality and reproductive health information through trainings, workshops, and research
- Adhere to grant requirements for statistical tracking and generate monthly stats and reports
- Attend community meetings and events as a representative of PPPSW, when appropriate, for the purpose of networking to build contacts, identify fundraising opportunities, and increase visibility and support for PPPSW’s mission
- Represent Planned Parenthood and the External Affairs department in a professional manner at internal and external meetings and events
- Develop and maintain courteous and professional relationships with community stakeholders
- Proactively identify opportunities for PPPSW involvement in relevant community-based events and coordinate participation, including teams of volunteers
- Participate in community-based outreach events as needed
- Input data related to presentations, outreach events, and social media in the appropriate sources
- Regularly support volunteer opportunities
What we're looking for:
- Minimum Education: Associate's Degree or equivalent experience
- Experience: 2+ years of experience in education, community outreach and/or marketing and communications (public relations)
- Ability to provide sex-education presentation in schools, juvenile hall and various community events
- Must be available as early at 6am PST with some evenings and weekends
- Background in teaching or managing a classroom and/or experience facilitating a large group of people
- Experience Networking
- Experience with Social Media platforms for educational content creation
- Spanish/English bilingual
- Education experience preferred
- Clinical experience preferred
- Knowledge of Planned Parenthood's services, birth control options, and STIs strongly preferred
$22.75 - $25 an hour
At Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest (PPPSW) the philosophy behind our compensation efforts is to foster workplace equity by aligning pay and benefit structures with our Agency’s mission and values. These efforts are continuously evaluated as we work toward living out our social justice values as an employer. PPPSW recognizes that decisions about pay and benefits have significant impact on staff, and we work diligently to ensure all positions are compensated competitively as compared to other similar positions in the community. The Affiliate establishes compensation supported by a position description that identifies competencies, duties, responsibilities and qualifications. In alignment with the Agency culture, PPPSW will strive to communicate openly and transparently about the goals of the Agency and the design of the compensation policies. The Agency will ensure the compensation program is administered in a manner that is consistent with Agency’s value of pay equity.
The hiring rate for this position is: $22.75 - $25.00/hourly + Medical, Dental, Vision, 401 Matching Program, Educational Assistance, Access to 1:1 Mental Fitness/Life coach, Premium CALM account and more!
We are the power of Planned Parenthood.
We are Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest, one of the largest and most prominent affiliates of the most iconic health care organization in the world. We are recognized for the wide array of services we provide and the outstanding education we deliver.
We are a prominent and powerful team of health experts who work relentlessly to help our communities sustain their health and well-being. We adhere to the highest standards and protocols as we collaborate and care for people, without judgment.
100 years of advocating for our mission has secured our advancement, our future and our passion for practicing health care.
We are a team you can have fun with and a powerful movement you can be part of. Together we’ll take pride in shaping the future of sexual health and reproductive rights.
For those who feel that purpose is critical to their work, this is a gift.
In This Together.
Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please visit our careers page for more information: www.pppswcareers.org