San Diego, CA
Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest has been voted one of the best places to work. We are one of the largest providers of reproductive healthcare in Southern California, operating 17 health centers throughout our three county region.
Care. No Matter What.
Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest is seeking a Financial Analyst in San Diego, CA.
The Financial Analyst will assist in the preparation of the annual operating and capital budgets; analyze the agency’s financial performance and prepare various analyses to enhance the financial health of the agency.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Three to five years experience in accounting or finance with emphasis on financial analysis.
- Healthcare and/or non-profit experience preferred.
- Experience with the following computer applications is a plus: Microsoft Dynamics SL accounting software, Microsoft Frx/Management Reporter, ADP, and NextGen EPM.
- Develop and prepare complex financial and statistical reports that summarize and forecast agency business activity and financial position utilizing financial reporting software.
- Perform special analytical projects and ad hoc analyses by doing research, creating models and make recommendations based on results.
- Assist in the development and implementation of financial systems relating to cost control, revenue reimbursement and decision support.
- Prepare pro formas for strategic business plan initiatives and operational objectives.
- Provide analysis and support for Revenue Cycle Management including but not limited to charge masters, billing issues, metrics and KPIs, managed care contracts, etc.
- Prepare the scheduling and training for preparation of the agency’s annual budget.
- Coordinate the development of agency budgets by setting up budgeting software, establishing schedules, collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial data and recommending plans.
- Monitor and evaluate budget to actual activity ensuring significant deviations are communicated to appropriate decision makers.
- Provide assistance to representatives of assigned departments in the formulation of department budget requests, including necessary documentation, investigation, and related budget impact studies.
- Prepare productivity and key performance indicator reports, chart and graphs.
- Perform calculations and prepare general ledger journal entries for inventory, patient services revenues, indirect costs, patient visits and productive hours, and other accounts as assigned.
- Prepare quarterly and annual federal grant cost reports.
- Assist in developing and revising policies as needed.
- In support of PPPSW’s Just Culture Philosophy, identify and report errors, near misses, and employee, patient and customer safety concerns in a timely manner.
- To support risk and quality management by proactively communicating identified risks to supervisor in order to minimize risk when possible.
- Comply with PPPSWs Code of Conduct and maintain the highest level of professional and ethical standards and to act in compliance with both the letter and spirit of all applicable laws and regulations.
- Competitive compensation
- Benefits include: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, long-term disability
- Generous PTO
- Generous 401(k) matching effective immediately upon enrollment
*Loc=San Diego Admin
We are the power of Planned Parenthood.
We are Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest, one of the largest and most prominent affiliates of the most iconic health care organization in the world. We are recognized for the wide array of services we provide and the outstanding education we deliver.
We are a prominent and powerful team of health experts who work relentlessly to help our communities sustain their health and well-being. We adhere to the highest standards and protocols as we collaborate and care for people, without judgment.
100 years of advocating for our mission has secured our advancement, our future and our passion for practicing health care.
We are a team you can have fun with and a powerful movement you can be part of. Together we’ll take pride in shaping the future of sexual health and reproductive rights.
For those who feel that purpose is critical to their work, this is a gift.
In This Together.
Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please visit our careers page for more information: www.pppswcareers.org