Director of Medical Services (NP/PA/CNM)
Los Angeles County, CA /
Medical Services & Center Operations – Clinical/Medical /
Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest has been voted one of the best places to work. We are one of the largest providers of reproductive healthcare in Southern California, operating 18 health centers throughout our three county region. Check out our new video, "We are Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest” for more information about our organization: https://youtu.be/2ATarFSN3TQ.
Care. No Matter What.
The Director of Medical Services is responsible for ensuring the provision of quality customer-focused medical care to patients of Planned Parenthood Pasadena & San Gabriel Valley, through development and review of affiliate medical protocols, licensed staff training, and quality improvement. The Director of Medical Services works under the direction of the Medical Director and the VP of Patient Services to plan, implement, and evaluate the successful delivery of quality medical services and provides leadership and oversight of affiliate clinicians and registered nurses.
In this role, you'll get to:
- Leadership and Management:
- Provide leadership, supervision and guidance to direct reports to include all aspects of performance management: hiring, communicating expectations, development, evaluation and corrective action up to and including termination. Serve as a resource to Patient Services leaders to oversee center operations and provide clinical leadership, matrix supervision, and evaluation of affiliate clinicians and registered nurses.
- Oversee and Care Team and supervise Care Team Manager to ensure strong medical follow up practices.
- Work in collaboration with the Patient Services leadership team to establish clinical competency standards, staffing guidelines, scope of practice, and productivity expectations to licensed staff to ensure safe and efficient clinical practice. Assist in recruiting, training, and evaluation of clinical and nursing staff.
- Collaborate with Patient Services management team to determine strategic, fiscal, and service-related goals including pilot programs; participate in strategic planning, goal setting, budget process, and coordination of services for the Department.
- Collaborate with Business Development and Strategy to plan, implement, and evaluate services that position the affiliate to succeed in health care reform including primary care and/or specialty services.
- Serve as a communication link between clinicians, Medical Director and VP of Patient Services.
- Work in collaboration with the Medical Director to develop, interpret, and implement medical protocols, medical forms and patient education materials including:
- Submitting new protocols to and obtaining waivers from PPFA Medical Division.
- Ensuring that PPPSGV medical policies and practices are in compliance with PPFA, state and federal regulations, and community standard of care.
- Develop systems which promote medical standards and continuity of care.
- Communicate new and updated protocols and programs to staff.
- Serve as a resource to clinicians and staff regarding medical protocols and medical management of patients.
- Quality Assurance and Risk Management:
- Work in collaboration with the VP of Patient Services and the Chief Operation Officer to develop, maintain, and evaluate the Quality Management program. Develop and implement changes to clinical practice based on results of audits and identification of best practices to ensure safe and effective clinical practices.
- Collaborate with center managers to ensure compliance with CLIA, BOP, OSHA, DHS, CDPH, HIPAA, Title X and other agency mandates as required.
- Oversee quality assurance activities including chart audits and corrective actions; actively participate in Quality Management Committee or delegate the role to a Lead Clinician.
- Responsible for monitoring, reporting and follow-up of occurrences and adverse events.
- Responsible participation, submission and passing scores in proficiency testing.
- Training and Staff Development:
- Collaborate with the training team to develop and provide medical training curriculum for staff, including conducting licensed staff meetings, in-service training's, and hands-on training; providing input to classroom training; and ensuring didactic training incorporates effective learning
- Supervise and participate in the orientation and training of all clinicians in conjunction with patient services management staff.
- Coordinate with Medical Director in proctoring and privileging clinicians in new medical procedures.
What we're looking for:
- Nurse Practitioner, preferably with specialty in women’s health care, Certified Nurse Midwife, or Physician’s Assistant with a current California license.
- Bachelor’s degree required, prefer Graduate degree.
- Must have minimum 5 years experience as a clinician in women’s health care.
- At least 7 years experience as a mid-level clinician preferred.
- Must have a minimum of 3 years of management or leadership experience.
We are the power of Planned Parenthood.
We are Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest, one of the largest and most prominent affiliates of the most iconic health care organization in the world. We are recognized for the wide array of services we provide and the outstanding education we deliver.
We are a prominent and powerful team of health experts who work relentlessly to help our communities sustain their health and well-being. We adhere to the highest standards and protocols as we collaborate and care for people, without judgment.
100 years of advocating for our mission has secured our advancement, our future and our passion for practicing health care.
We are a team you can have fun with and a powerful movement you can be part of. Together we’ll take pride in shaping the future of sexual health and reproductive rights.
For those who feel that purpose is critical to their work, this is a gift.
In This Together.
Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please visit our careers page for more information: www.pppswcareers.org