IT Support Technician
San Diego, CA /
Information Technology /
Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest has been voted one of the best places to work. We are one of the largest providers of reproductive healthcare in Southern California, operating 18 health centers throughout our three county region. Check out our new video, "We are Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest” for more information about our organization: https://youtu.be/2ATarFSN3TQ.
Care. No Matter What.
As an IT Support Technician you will have the opportunity to be the first point of contact for IT related questions. The primary task of this position will be to troubleshoot and resolve endpoint issues for agency staff. Identify, research, and resolve technical incidents ranging from basic requests to complex hardware and services maintained by the IT department that may require immediate resolution or escalation.
This exciting opportunity will have the opportunity to provide excellent customer service, enhance automation processes and participate in special projects within the IT department that will impact the entire organization.
The ideal candidate will be willing to go the extra mile and provide inclusive and compassionate customer service. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment, are highly-self-motivated, driven by our mission and committed to quality healthcare, apply now!
In this role, you'll get to:
- Track, update, and monitor incidents and requests to ensure timely resolution and maintain updated ticketing for tracking purposes.
- Ensure proper problem escalation, notification, follow-up and continuity of requests escalated to Infrastructure and Applications teams.
- Install, configure, test, maintain, and troubleshoot end user networked peripheral devices, workstation hardware, and client software.
- Travel extensively to various agency locations to provide onsite technical support.
- Keep current on information regarding Agency's hardware and software.
- Maintain proficiency in IT systems, policies, and procedures as well as user support techniques.
- Enhance automation processes and coordinate with IT Department managers to recommend systems or production environment modifications or other corrective actions as appropriate.
- Protect the Agency by handling sensitive information with appropriate confidentiality.
What we're looking for:
- 2+ years of experience providing technical support to end users with a strong emphasis on customer service required.
- 2+ years of experience working with Active Directory and the latest Windows and Microsoft Office Suites required.
- 2+ years of experience working within a helpdesk ticketing system required.
- 2+ years of experience and demonstrated skills in troubleshooting and imaging hardware, software, printers and basic networking skills at the computer and server level required.
- 2+ years of experience working with virtual desktop solutions required.
- 2+ years of healthcare operations and applications (EHR, EPM) experience required.
- 2+ years of experience in Contact Center applications (cloud or hosted) required.
- 2 years of experience supporting cloud applications preferred.
- Experience working with VoIP phone systems preferred.
- Experience with VMWare Horizon View preferred.
- Experience with configuration and support of Wyse thin clients preferred.
- Non-Profit/Healthcare Experience preferred.
We are the power of Planned Parenthood.
We are Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest, one of the largest and most prominent affiliates of the most iconic health care organization in the world. We are recognized for the wide array of services we provide and the outstanding education we deliver.
We are a prominent and powerful team of health experts who work relentlessly to help our communities sustain their health and well-being. We adhere to the highest standards and protocols as we collaborate and care for people, without judgment.
100 years of advocating for our mission has secured our advancement, our future and our passion for practicing health care.
We are a team you can have fun with and a powerful movement you can be part of. Together we’ll take pride in shaping the future of sexual health and reproductive rights.
For those who feel that purpose is critical to their work, this is a gift.
In This Together.
Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please visit our careers page for more information: www.pppswcareers.org