Lead Nurse Practitioner, Physician Assistant, or Certified Nurse Midwife
Rancho Mirage, CA /
Medical Services & Center Operations – Medical Services /
We are looking for a Lead Nurse Practitioner, Physician Assistant, or Certified Nurse Midwife at our Rancho Mirage Health Center.
As a Lead Clinician (Nurse Practitioner, Physician Assistant, or Certified Nurse Midwife), you will play a critical role as a leader in the health center.
As a part of the leadership team you will ensure the provision of high quality, cost effective medical care to a diverse patient population. Considering employee engagement, patient experience and care, and business optimization in all decision making, the Lead Clinician will also act as a clinical role model and serve as a medical resource to staff. This will include providing exams, diagnosis, treatment, education, and counseling for patients in accordance with Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest protocols.
This is a Full Time/Fully Benefited position designed for Nurse Practitioners, Physician Assistants, or Certified Nurse Midwives.
In this role, you’ll get to:
- Change lives.
- Collaborate with other Healthcare providers, Physicians, and Management on patient care and clinical improvements.
- Partner with a Case Management team, which will communicate with patients on lab results, referrals, and other aspects of patient care.
- Gain new skills such as IUC retrievals, Nexplanon insertions, Cryotherapy, Bartholin Cyst I&D, and prescribe GAHT (Gender Affirming Hormone therapy).
- Work in a supportive and professional nursing environment, where we believe in evidence-based protocols and guidelines.
- Work for an agency that fosters engagement, growth, and success in your field.
- Pursue continuing education that will add to your career as a well-rounded Clinician.
- Participate as clinician leader in health center/affiliate efforts to fulfill goals of Strategic Plan.
- Ensure compliance with established Agency metrics and support clinical team in meeting these metrics.
- Professionally communicate benefits, challenges and concerns in order to support positive change management to appropriate leadership.
- Participate in Agency meetings and collaborate with Center Managers, proactively bring information back to staff and be the primary communicator regarding medical protocol changes and changes in clinical care.
- In collaboration with Clinical Services and Operations teams, ensure backup and interim support for other centers as needed.
- In partnership with leadership team, lead implementation of clinical changes, including services, protocols, and ensure that all clinicians and non-licensed staff adopt the changes and are proficient.
- When working with clinicians in center or other venues, provide feedback and communication to home center Lead regarding clinician feedback – collaborative feedback process.
- Act as a resource and consultant for clinical staff as needed.
- Support Center Manager in performance management.
- In partnership with leadership team, lead change based on audit results.
- Conduct chart reviews and observations and provides regular performance feedback to clinical staff, including clinicians and support staff.
- Provide feedback and coaching to all staff on following medical protocols and processes related to clinical quality, accuracy and appropriate delivery of medical content, care, efficiency and productivity, customer service, tardiness.
- Establish system for occasional observation of licensed and non-licensed staff to ensure that clinical standards are being met and protocols are being followed.
- Perform role of lead training clinician in clinician onboarding.
- As lead training clinician, train on clinician role, including medical protocols and processes related to clinical quality, accuracy, and appropriate delivery of care, efficiency and productivity, customer service.
- Partner with Clinical Services team and Associate Medical Director to train medical students, NP/PA students and residents as requested.
- Support proctoring and clinical privileging.
- Assess, diagnose, and treat clients’ reproductive health issues appropriately and only when covered by PPPSW medical protocols (unless Physician consult sought).
- Stay up to date with evidence based practice.
- Participate in research projects as requested.
We are looking for a Nurse Practitioner or a Physician Assistant or a Certified Nurse Midwife who:
- Holds an active California license as a Nurse Practitioner, Physician Assistant, or Certified Nurse Midwife.
- Has several years of clinical experience (1 or more years minimum).
- Has leadership and management experience.
- Spanish/English bilingual candidates strongly preferred.
- Is eager to work in an environment that supports the agency’s commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced environment where no two days are the same.
- Demonstrates compassion, whether it’s providing patient care or supporting staff.
- Is willing to jump in to help with coverage if need be.
PPPSW Compensation Philosophy and Position Hiring Rate:
- At Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest (PPPSW) the philosophy behind our compensation efforts is to foster workplace equity by aligning pay and benefit structures with our Agency’s mission and values. These efforts are continuously evaluated as we work toward living out our social justice values as an employer. PPPSW recognizes that decisions about pay and benefits have significant impact on staff, and we work diligently to ensure all positions are compensated competitively as compared to other similar positions in the community. The Affiliate establishes compensation supported by a position description that identifies competencies, duties, responsibilities and qualifications. In alignment with the Agency culture, PPPSW will strive to communicate openly and transparently about the goals of the Agency and the design of the compensation policies. The Agency will ensure the compensation program is administered in a manner that is consistent with Agency’s value of pay equity.
- The hiring range for this position is: $76.98 per hour - $90.95 per hour (depending on years of experience)
We are the power of Planned Parenthood.
We are Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest, one of the largest and most prominent affiliates of the most iconic health care organization in the world. We are recognized for the wide array of services we provide and the outstanding education we deliver.
We are a prominent and powerful team of health experts who work relentlessly to help our communities sustain their health and well-being. We adhere to the highest standards and protocols as we collaborate and care for people, without judgment.
100 years of advocating for our mission has secured our advancement, our future and our passion for practicing health care.
We are a team you can have fun with and a powerful movement you can be part of. Together we’ll take pride in shaping the future of sexual health and reproductive rights.
For those who feel that purpose is critical to their work, this is a gift.
In This Together.