Donor Relations Manager
Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest has been voted one of the best places to work. We are one of the largest providers of reproductive healthcare in Southern California, operating 17 health centers throughout our three county region. Check out our new video, "We are Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest” for more information about our organization: https://youtu.be/2ATarFSN3TQ.
Care. No Matter What.
Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest is seeking a Donor Relations Manager in Riverside, CA.
The Donor Relations Manager will represent Planned Parenthood’s fund raising efforts in Riverside County, implement plans and strategies to engage a base of donors, and identify community leaders who could be utilized in volunteer positions and assist in generating financial resources.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required.
- Three years of fundraising or community outreach experience for a non-profit organization. Raiser’s Edge database knowledge preferred.
- Demonstrated successful experience in working with donors and volunteers.
- Superior writing, speaking and communication skills and the ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with others.
- Ability to prioritize set and accomplish goals and juggle multiple tasks.
- Creative, self-starter with a team-player attitude.
- Willingness to travel throughout Riverside County as needed.
- Willingness to travel to San Diego for monthly staff meetings or as needed.
- Represent Planned Parenthood’s fund raising in Riverside County. Communicate the mission to prospective and existing community supporters.
- Collaborate with Director of Annual Campaign to create and implement plans, strategies, and budgets to expand fund raising revenues in Riverside County.
- Oversee a portfolio of donor prospects for gifts of $1,000 and more.
- Plan and execute events throughout the region to cultivate and steward donor support base.
- Oversee the development of individualized donor relationships, interactions and solicitations. Involve volunteer leadership and program staff as needed to develop relationships and solicit donors.
- Responsible for the identification and movement of donors higher up the “pipeline”, determining when the donors will benefit with interactions from other leaders within PPPSW, including the VP of Development and CEO.
- Broker relationships between donor prospects and PPPSW professional and volunteer leaders, program staff, and others in the community, providing guidance as to what and how these “partners” can successfully interact with donor prospects.
- Represent PPPSW at individual or group meetings with donors and volunteer leadership, with sufficient understanding of the organization to represent all aspects of the Agency including programs, finances, and future plans.
- Develop unique solicitations and presentations for special project proposals as needed through interaction and partnerships with program staff.
- Utilize the Raiser’s Edge database to track and manage donor interactions.
- Assist Director of Planned Giving, as needed, in procuring and managing planned gifts (remainder gifts and gifts involving financial/estate planning components).
- Provide stewardship and ensure successful relationships with Riverside County members of the Legacy Circle.
- Work with, and develop, as needed, volunteer committees to spur involvement and outreach of volunteer, community partners.
- Recommend enhancements to the Development Department systems from a regional lens.
- Plan and help implement donor events and gatherings, as scheduled.
- Attend Agency leadership meetings and participate on committee as needed.
- Competitive compensation
- Benefits include: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, long-term disability
- Generous PTO
- Generous 401(k) matching effective immediately upon enrollment
We are the power of Planned Parenthood.
We are Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest, one of the largest and most prominent affiliates of the most iconic health care organization in the world. We are recognized for the wide array of services we provide and the outstanding education we deliver.
We are a prominent and powerful team of health experts who work relentlessly to help our communities sustain their health and well-being. We adhere to the highest standards and protocols as we collaborate and care for people, without judgment.
100 years of advocating for our mission has secured our advancement, our future and our passion for practicing health care.
We are a team you can have fun with and a powerful movement you can be part of. Together we’ll take pride in shaping the future of sexual health and reproductive rights.
For those who feel that purpose is critical to their work, this is a gift.
In This Together.
Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please visit our careers page for more information: www.pppswcareers.org