Research Associate, BioReactor Team
Watertown, MA /
BioReactor Team /
This is your opportunity to join a highly driven and ambitious young company that values collaboration, respect, intellectual curiosity, and integrity in our endeavor to transform the way cell therapies are developed and to expand the field of platelet-derived therapeutics. Inspired by platelet biology, we have developed a scalable, cGMP-compliant cell culture platform to make engineered human pluripotent stem cell-derived megakaryocytes and platelets. This is an exciting time to join PBG as we further scale production for human clinical trials and leverage our platform for cell-based drug delivery opportunities.
Who We Are Seeking
We are looking for a motivated candidate who will join Platelet Bio to provide support to our BioReactor Team. Our ideal candidate is a driven, creative thinker with a professional work ethic who shares our long‐term vision for leveraging platelets as a therapeutic. Initiative and creative problem solving are priorities.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Routinely execute BioR experiments to generate platelet-like cells (PLCs)
- Perform routine cellular characterization of BioR-generated PLCs
- Keep accurate and detailed records of experiments and results
- Perform data analysis using software including but not limited to Flowjo, Excel, GraphPad Prism, ImageJ, and PowerPoint
- Independently plan and execute experiments, with direction from senior scientific staff
- Organize an effective working schedule and prioritize tasks appropriately
- Perform lab maintenance duties, including media preparation and maintaining stocks
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Authorized to work in the U.S. – Required
- BS, MS or equivalent in biological sciences, chemical engineering, bioengineering, or related field
- Relevant laboratory experience with micro or milli fluidic systems
- Basic cell culture aseptic technique
- Familiarity with flow cytometry and fluorescent microscopy
- Ability to effectively work in a dynamic, cross-functional environment
- Analytical techniques such as ELISA and qPCR are preferred
- Proven ability to analyze, interpret, and document experimental data
- Highly motivated, comfortable at multitasking, able to problem solve on the fly
- Familiarity with cGMP manufacturing is a plus
- Strong organizational, communication, and teamwork skills
Platelet Bio, located in Watertown, MA, is a venture-backed biotech startup that was spun out of Harvard Medical School to produce allogeneic cell therapies from engineered induced pluripotent stem cells (iPSCs).
As an equal opportunity employer, Platelet Bio does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin or veteran status. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for team members from all backgrounds.