Scientist, Pre-clinical Pharmacology
Watertown, MA /
Designer Platelet Team /
This is your opportunity to join a highly driven and ambitious young company that values collaboration, respect, intellectual curiosity, and integrity in our endeavor to transform the way cell therapies are developed and to expand the field of platelet-derived therapeutics. Inspired by platelet biology, we have developed a scalable, cGMP-compliant cell culture platform to make engineered human pluripotent stem cell-derived megakaryocytes and platelets. This is an exciting time to join PBG as we further scale production for human clinical trials and leverage our platform for cell-based drug delivery opportunities.
Our Ideal Candidate
We are looking for a talented and motivated PhD-level scientist with experience in immunology and autoimmunity who will contribute to pre-clinical development of our allogeneic cell therapy platform with an emphasis on in vivo pharmacology. The successful candidate will work within project teams to advance research stage programs into early clinical development and provide in vivo data essential to drive projects into clinical development. Come join our team today and help make a difference in thousands of patients’ lives.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Development of relevant in vivo models critical to the evaluation of our cell therapy efficacy and pharmacodynamics.
- Design, conduct, and analyze data from in vivo pharmacology studies.
- Perform in vitro and ex vivo assays to characterize efficacy and mechanism of action of PB allogeneic cell therapy.
- Prepare protocols and annual reports for IACUC revision or amendments.
- Interact with clinical development team to design and supervise IND-enabling studies.
- Present results within a multidisciplinary team environment.
- Ensure appropriate use of animals in compliance with all regulatory requirements and internal standards.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- PhD in Immunology, molecular biology, pharmacology, or related fields with relevant postdoctoral/industry experience.
- Experience in autoimmunity and immunology.
- Proficiency in IP, IV, and SC injections, and blood and tissue collection.
- Experience with a range of molecular and cell biology techniques (flow cytometry, histology, microscopy, ELISA, western blot, etc.)
- Excellent organizational, multi-tasking and teamwork skills.
- Self-driven and ability to work with demanding deadlines and in a fast-paced work environment.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
PlateletBio, located in Watertown, MA, is a venture-backed biotech startup that was spun out of Harvard Medical School to produce allogeneic cell therapies from engineered induced pluripotent stem cells (iPSCs).
As an equal opportunity employer, Platelet Bio does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin or veteran status. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for team members from all backgrounds.