Director of Pharmacology
Designer Platelet Team
Platelet BioGenesis, located in Watertown, MA, is a venture-backed biotech startup that was spun out of Harvard Medical School to produce allogeneic cell therapies from engineered induced pluripotent stem cells (iPSCs). We are a highly driven and ambitious young company that values openness, transparency, intellectual honesty and collaboration in our endeavor to transform the way cell therapies are developed and to expand the field of platelet-derived therapeutics.
We’ve developed a scalable, cGMP-compliant cell culture platform to make engineered human pluripotent stem cell-derived cell therapies. We’re now arriving at a crucial turning point for our company as we further scale production for human clinical trials and leverage our platform for cell-based drug delivery opportunities. We are looking for an experienced biologist to build and lead our in vivo Pharmacology group as we seek to take engineered cell therapies into pre-clinical models of oncology, inflammation and fibrosis.
Who We Are Seeking
We are looking for a driven, independent thinker with a professional work ethic who shares our long‐term vision for leveraging cell therapies as a drug delivery platform. Some of the most important qualities we’re seeking in potential candidates are a willingness to take initiative and creative problem-solving skills. Come join our team today and help make a difference in thousands of patients’ lives.
Roles and Responsibilities
- The successful candidate for this position will be a highly motivated individual who can communicate effectively both within and beyond their discipline
- Build a high performing in vivo pharmacology function and team within the company
- Develop animal disease models across multiple indications including oncology, inflammation, and fibrosis
- Establish access to in vivo models and methods to support target validation and drug development activities
- Conduct key efficacy studies across several of our key indications and generate and interpret important data
- Provide strategic input on R&D portfolio optimization and prioritization, as well as specific project objectives and priorities
- Develop allogeneic cell therapies from genetically engineered stem cells
- Key person working cross-functionally with project teams aimed at putting engineered platelet-like cells into clinical development
- PhD in biology, oncology, immunology or a related field
- 8-10 years of relevant biotech or pharma experience, including contribution to drug discovery
- Knowledge and expertise across broad therapeutic areas including oncology, immunology, and other disease fields
- Deep expertise in pharmacology and in the use of in vivo models to support drug R&D activities with a solid track record of research accomplishments and publications
- Experience with syngeneic and xenogeneic models
- Working knowledge and hands on experience with establishing and using in vivo models for drug development support
- Experience working in cross functional multidisciplinary teams managing PhD and non-PhD scientists
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Retirement Planning (401k)
- Unlimited vacation/sick days
- Parental Leave
- Commuter Discounts ….. and much more!