Watertown, MA /
Business Operations /
This is your opportunity to join a highly driven and ambitious young company that values collaboration, respect, intellectual curiosity, and integrity in our endeavor to transform the way cell therapies are developed and to expand the field of platelet-derived therapeutics. Inspired by platelet biology, we have developed a scalable, cGMP-compliant cell culture platform to make engineered human pluripotent stem cell-derived megakaryocytes and platelets. This is an exciting time to join PB as we further scale production for human clinical trials and leverage our platform for cell-based drug delivery opportunities. If you are looking for the opportunity to join an exciting, fast-growing organization poised to truly improve the quality of life of patients with a variety of challenges, this is a great opportunity for you.
Our Ideal Candidate
We are looking for a smart, driven and flexible individual who is comfortable operating in a role that is a hybrid between a traditional paralegal position and a legal assistant position. This individual will need to have exceptional organizational skills and a proven ability to effectively work with a cross-functional team of employees and external contacts such as counsel, collaborators and product vendors.
As the organization’s first Paralegal, you will play a crucial role within the organization. In this role, you will be responsible for managing and organizing communications from outside counsels, collaborators and contract-related communications, among others, as well as internal tracking and organizing activities for company patents and trademarks worldwide. These activities include data entry, generating reports, and managing annuity payments. Additionally, you will support invention harvesting efforts, including reviewing invention disclosure submissions, supporting patent committee meetings, and creating evaluation forms for use by committees.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Support management of IP policies, resources, and procedures, including performing periodic review and revision of IP policies and managing internal IP team calendar and including identifying important company events such as innovation challenges and leadership meetings.
- Prepare periodic analyses of patent and trademark spend, along with recommendations for cost savings and value maximization. Assist attorney with the communication of this data including the creation of IP presentations, training plans, and data analyses.
- Facilitate online patent committee and other meetings. Support patent filing and annuity.
- Manage the contracts process, communications and details, including attending to requests for CDAs, NDAs and other critical contracts
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- University Degree and a minimum of 2-4 years of prior relevant experience either at a law firm or internal at a Life Sciences organization. Prior experience must include exposure to intellectual property process management.
- Critical technical skills including experience with Powerpoint, Excel, Word, Outlook, and online meeting management tools such as Zoom and MSTeams. IP Docketing experience is desired.
- Flexibility, adaptability and resilience – all necessary to thrive in a fast-growing organization
- Proven exceptional organizational skills, initiative and attention to detail
- Ability to communicate professionally, clearly, and concisely, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work effectively with a variety of internal teams, management levels, cultures, and personalities
- Ability to work proactively and independently to manage completion of projects in a fast-paced environment, current fully remote
PlateletBio, located in Watertown, MA, is a venture-backed biotech startup that was spun out of Harvard Medical School to produce allogeneic cell therapies from engineered induced pluripotent stem cells (iPSCs).
As an equal opportunity employer, Platelet Bio does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin or veteran status. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for team members from all backgrounds.