Research Associate, Stem Cell Team
Stem Cell Team
Platelet BioGenesis is a venture-backed biotech startup that was spun out of Harvard Medical School to produce donor-independent human platelets. We are a highly driven and ambitious young company that values openness, transparency, intellectual honesty, and collaboration, in our endeavor to transform the blood system.
We have developed a cGMP-compliant cell culture platform to make human pluripotent stem cell-derived platelets. We are now scaling up platelet production to enable first-in-human clinical trials and are further leveraging our platelet platform for cell-based drug delivery. We are currently recruiting for a motivated junior level scientist to join our Stem Cell team to support, develop, and improve our stem cell differentiation processes.
Who We Are Seeking
We are looking for a driven independent thinker with a monster work ethic who shares our long‐term vision for developing a source of donor-independent human platelets, and leveraging Mother Nature’s drug delivery system to cure diseases. Initiative, creative problem solving, and effective teamwork skills are priorities!
What you'll be doing:
- Perform maintenance and differentiation cultures of human induced pluripotent stem cells, hematopoietic progenitors and megakaryocytes
- Perform routine cellular and molecular biology procedures including but not limited to flow cytometry and microscopy
- Keep accurate and detailed records of experiments and results
- Perform data analysis using software including but not limited to Flowjo, Excel, GraphPad Prism, and PowerPoint
- Independently plan and execute experiments, with direction from senior scientific staff
- Organize an effective working schedule and prioritize tasks appropriately
- Perform lab maintenance duties, including media preparation and maintaining stocks
- Must have scheduling flexibility to enable weekend and holiday work rotations
What you'll bring to the team:
- Authorized to work in the U.S. – Required.
- BS, MS or equivalent in biological sciences or related field
- Relevant laboratory experience in academic and/or industry settings, including mammalian cell culture, flow cytometry, microscopy. Stem cell experience is strongly preferred but not required.
- Ability to effectively work in a dynamic, cross-functional environment
- Proven ability to analyze, interpret, and document experimental data
- Highly motivated, comfortable at multitasking, able to problem solve on the fly
- Strong organizational, communication, and teamwork skills
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Retirement Planning (401k) with a company match up to 6% of your salary
- Discretionary Paid Time Off
- Parental Leave
- Commuter Discounts ….. and much more!