Research Associate, in vitro Pharmacology
Watertown, MA /
Cell Therapy Analytics /
This is your opportunity to join a highly driven and ambitious young company that values collaboration, respect, intellectual curiosity, and integrity in our endeavor to transform the way cell therapies are developed and to expand the field of platelet-derived therapeutics. Inspired by platelet biology, we have developed a scalable, cGMP-compliant cell culture platform to make engineered human pluripotent stem cell-derived megakaryocytes and platelets. This is an exciting time to join PBG as we further scale production for human clinical trials and leverage our platform for cell-based drug delivery opportunities.
Our Ideal Candidate
We are looking for a motivated candidate who will join Platelet Bio to provide support for in vitro pre-clinical studies on cell-mediated targeted drug delivery. Our ideal candidate is a driven, creative thinker, who is a great team player and shares our long‐term vision and passion for leveraging stem cell-derived therapies to cure diseases. Come join our team today and help make a difference in thousands of patients’ lives
Roles and Responsibilities
- Perform sample analysis using standard cell, molecular and biochemical assays (flow cytometry, microscopy, ELISA, western blot).
- Independently plan and execute experiments, with direction from senior scientific staff.
- Perform data analysis using software including but not limited to FlowJo, Excel, GraphPad Prism, ImageJ or other imaging software, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work well within the team and communicate effectively.
- Ensure that all safety guidelines are always strictly followed and maintain a clean and orderly work environment
- Present experimental results and findings in team meetings.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Authorization to work in the U.S. required.
- A., B.Sc., or M.S. with 2+ years laboratory experience.
- Hands-on experience in flow cytometry, cell culture, and fluorescence microscopy.
- Ability to create and interpret scientific documents including study protocols, SOPs, and regulatory guidelines.
- Flexible and efficient with a problem-solving attitude in a fast-paced small company environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Outstanding organization, interpersonal skills and established collaborative working habits
Platelet Bio, located in Watertown, MA, is a venture-backed biotech startup that was spun out of Harvard Medical School to produce allogeneic cell therapies from engineered induced pluripotent stem cells (iPSCs).
As an equal opportunity employer, Platelet Bio does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin or veteran status. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for team members from all backgrounds.