Head of Product Operations
Product Operations /
At Plato, we’re on a mission to help engineering managers become great leaders. Our platform intelligently matches “mentees” to highly experienced engineering leaders of various backgrounds to help resolve their most pressing management challenges. After raising over $3M from SaaStr's Jason Lemkin, Slack, Zoom CEO Eric Yuan, and more earlier this year, we've experienced exceptional and rapid growth.
We’re looking for a leader at the intersection of Operations, Leadership and Product. This is our 3rd most senior role in the company reporting to the CEO. This person will be in charge of managing people (Talent Coaches) and Product Operations working in pair with the CEO and the Head of Engineering.
You’re a proven leader, having managed people in your career. You also are used to work with an Engineering Team to drive product advancement. You’re very hands-on, structured and data-driven. Writing SQL, building Zapier workflows and writing basic code doesn’t scare you.
You will be owning our Talent Coaching Program. Here is a presentation of the Talent Coaching Program: Talent Coaching Program
Requirements - Must Haves
- BA/BS+ in Engineering or related / BA/BS+ in Business or related
- Leadership Experience: 1-3 years Leadership Experience (Manager, Director etc.)
- Product Experience: 1-3 years experience managing a Product (Product Manager, VP Product, Founder...)
- Humble and Growth mindset - You're humble and you're always finding way to grow in your skills and mindset with books, mentors, training...
- Analytical and Structured - You are able to structure and process qualitative and quantitative data and draw insightful conclusions from it. Exhibits a probing mind and achieves penetrating insights.
- Ability to hire A Players - You have the ability to source, select and sell A Players to join Plato.
- Ability to develop people - You can coaches people in their current roles to improve performance, and prepare them for future roles.
- Product Visionary - You have a vision for the future of the product Plato
- Product Lover - You love beautiful product and you can definitely see in an instant what’s wrong with any product.
- Productivity guru - Experience with tools like zapier, integromat, mixmax, lemlist.. preferred but not required. Yet strong interest in the field and willingness to learn required
Requirements - Nice to Haves
- Experience in B2B SaaS a plus
- Efficiency - You're able to produce significant output with minimal wasted effort.
- Work ethic - You have a strong willingness to work hard and sometimes long hours to get the job done
- Flexibility / adaptability - You can adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Copes effectively with complexity and change.
- Strategic thinking / visioning - You're able to see and communicate the big picture in an inspiring way. Determines opportunities and threats through comprehensive analysis of current and future trends.
- Connected to Leadership - Someone who is connected to Leadership (Wrote blog post, Has been a passionate leader, can prove that it’s a passion of theirs etc.)
- Connected to Mentorship / Coaching - Someone who is connected to Mentorship (has been a mentor at Plato, has been a mentor to someone etc.) or someone who has been a coach. Or can demonstrate that they love doing that
- Teamwork - Reaching out to peers to establish and overall collaborative working relationship.
- Listening skills - You let others speak and seeks to understand their viewpoints.
Your key mission and activities
- Own Operations and Processes
- Manage a team of Talent Coaches (6 TCs)
- Being the point of escalation for them
- Build internal tools with no/code or low-code solutions (Zapier, Coda, Retool etc.)
- Being the product managers for internal tools with Engineers (Retool, Code,) and features related to the Talent Coaching Program
- Work with the CEO to prioritize features in the roadmap (internal tools and product features)
- Work with the Head of Engineering and team of engineers to build internal tools and product features
- Work with our Data Engineers to build reports and be data-driven
Very few companies have the potential to do something truly meaningful to actually help others. We believe that making managers better, more successful, and happier results in a happier overall workplace. And improving that even 10% leads to a ripple effect.
We spend nearly all of our waking lives at work. Let's make that better.