Mentor Community /
At Plato, we’re on a mission to help engineering managers become great leaders. Our platform intelligently matches “mentees” to highly experienced engineering leaders of various backgrounds to help resolve their most pressing management challenges. After raising over $3M from SaaStr's Jason Lemkin, Slack, Zoom CEO Eric Yuan, and more earlier this year, we've experienced exceptional and rapid growth.
We are looking for a Content Writer to write and publish impactful content from our growing community of 500+ mentors. You will share our mentors' experience of engineering and product leadership to our community of readers and customers. You will be in close interaction with some of the brightest minds of the world’s best companies.
This is a contractor offer, with $15-20/h depending on seniority, with 35h/week.
- Interview newly onboarded mentors on their past professional experience and write them into articles (which we call "stories")
- Find creative ways to write content from other sources (past Plato events, mentorship calls, etc)
- Perform additional duties/responsibilities as requested which contribute to the position’s success
- Excellent copywriting skills: creative writing, solid grammar, and impeccable spelling are a must
- Perfect English - Native English, or extreme fluency in English
- Humble and Growth mindset - You're humble and you're always finding way to grow in your skills and mindset with books, mentors, training, etc.
- Listening skills - You let others speak and seeks to understand their viewpoints.
- Communication - You speak and write clearly and articulately without being overly verbose or talkative.
- Ability to build rapport with customers - You feel at ease talking with customers.
- Overlap with PST timezone: As you'll be interviewing mentors based in Silicon Valley, you'd need to be available during their working hours. This may include working in the evenings if you're based in another continent.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing or Journalism or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of work experience in a similar role
- Demonstrated writing skills
- Experience in a startup or other fast-paced environment preferred
You’ll enjoy a scrappy startup environment and collaborative and thoughtful team members. We are passionate about our mission and are lucky to see the impact of our work, every day!
Very few companies have the potential to do something truly meaningful to actually help others. We believe that making managers better, more successful, and happier results in a happier overall workplace. And improving that even 10% leads to a ripple effect.
We spend nearly all of our waking lives at work. Let's make that better.