San Francisco, California
At Plato, we’re on a mission to help engineering managers become great leaders. Our platform intelligently matches “mentees” to highly experienced engineering leaders of various backgrounds to help resolve their most pressing management challenges. After raising over $3M from SaaStr's Jason Lemkin, Slack, Zoom CEO Eric Yuan, and more earlier this year, we've experienced exceptional and rapid growth.
What's every Account Executive's dream job? Selling a product that any growing and innovative company needs in order to scale. That's Plato.
We're building the next generation of talent development software that companies like Coinbase, Lyft and Eventbrite rely on to grow their teams. Plato was founded to tackle one of the most strategic challenges that a companies faces: how to develop, coach and mentor your technical talent.
We are hiring results-oriented Account Executives with experience selling a premium solution and a closing record to help us set, drive, and execute on our revenue goals. Working with a strong pipeline of companies ranging from scaling tech startups to established global brands across all industries, you will be responsible selling directly to decision makers across multiple functional departments and the C-Suite. This is a wide-open role where you have huge growth potential.
What sets sales at Plato apart? Our industry-defining product and highly collaborative team that you can learn and grow with.
- The ability to proactively engage new clients and grow the sales pipeline (We are growing and there may be times where you might have to find your own leads)
- A consultative and human sales approach -- every conversation is different, and there are no scripts at Plato
- The skills to passionately and clearly articulate value/benefit of the Plato platform
- A firm understanding of how to qualify buyer interest and identify target customers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A team-player attitude with a strong desire to help improve internal processes beyond your day-to-day tasks and help other team members
- A desire to learn, grow, and get in on the ground floor of a top startup while launching your career
- Manage a strong pipeline of qualified leads within one of our fastest growing business segments
- Develop and deliver value-based solution proposals, product demonstration and presentations
- Engage cross functionally with Account Management, Finance, Marketing, Executives, etc. as needed to progress the deal
- Manage the sales funnel by analyzing and controlling pipeline activity in Hubspot and monitoring sales activity against assigned quotas
- Collaborate with peers in the sales organization, customers, and other cross functional team members to deliver a delightful sales process
- Weekly Team Lunches
- Quarterly offsites (We've been to Tahoe, East Coast, Paris, where next?)
- Health, dental, vision & disability insurance
- Fully stocked kitchen with food, drinks and snacks
- Generous vacation and sick policy
- An awesome ability to learn and further grow your career through 1 on 1 coaching and the ability to work beyond Sales
Very few companies have the potential to do something truly meaningful to actually help others. We believe that making managers better, more successful, and happier results in a happier overall workplace. And improving that even 10% leads to a ripple effect.
We spend nearly all of our waking lives at work. Let's make that better.