At Plato, we’re on a mission to help engineering managers become great leaders. Our platform intelligently matches “mentees” to highly experienced engineering leaders of various backgrounds to help resolve their most pressing management challenges. After raising over $3M from SaaStr's Jason Lemkin, Slack, Zoom CEO Eric Yuan, and more earlier this year, we've experienced exceptional and rapid growth.
What's every Account Executive's dream job? Selling a product that any growing and innovative company needs in order to scale. That's Plato. We're building the next generation of talent development software that companies like Box, SurveyMonkey and GitLab rely on to grow their teams. Plato was founded to tackle one of the most strategic challenges that a company faces: how to help engineering and product managers become great leaders.
We're looking for for a Sales Account Executive who will be working with VPs of Engineering / CTO and HR Leaders to help their Engineering Organization be the best they can be. Our definition of Mid-Market are companies with a size of Eng Team will roughly be 30 to 100 engineers.
You’re a Sales Professional with lots of energy and ambition. You have some closing experience and crushed it in your past role. You’re willing to join an early stage company to be able to work directly with the founders and build things from scratch instead of applying a playbook built by someone else. You’re to help the company reach the next stage of our existence.
What sets sales at Plato apart? Our industry-defining product and highly collaborative team that you can learn and grow with.
Requirements - Must Haves
- Humble and Growth mindset - You're humble and you're always finding way to grow in your skills and mindset with books, mentors, training...
- Persistent - You demonstrate tenacity and willingness to go the distance to get something done.
- Work ethic - You have a strong willingness to work hard and sometimes long hours to get the job done
- Aggressiveness - You can move quickly and takes a forceful stand without being overly abrasive.
- Competitive - You're someone who has been in situation where you had to fight really hard to win
Requirements - NIce to have
- BA/BS in Business or related
- Experience with HR or Engineering space a plus
- Experience in a startup or other fast-paced environment preferred
- Experience in B2B SaaS a plus
- Efficiency - You're able to produce significant output with minimal wasted effort.
- Follow-through on commitments - You live up to verbal and written agreements, regardless of personal cost.
- Enthusiasm - You exhibits passion and excitement over work and have a "can-do attitude".
- Openness to criticism and ideas - You often solicit feedback and reacts calmly to criticism or negative feedback.
- Proactivity - Biais towards action: You usually act without being told what to do and bring new ideas to the Plato.
- Organisation and planning - You can plan, organize, schedule, budget in an efficient, productive manner while focusing on key priorities.
- Customer Empathy - You understand the underlying needs and feelings of customers to deliver a delightful experienceQuarterly offsites (We've been to Tahoe, East Coast, Paris, where next?)
- Quarterly offsites (We've been to Tahoe, East Coast, Paris, where next?)
- Health, dental, vision & disability insurance
- Fully stocked kitchen with food, drinks and snacks
- Generous vacation and sick policy
- An awesome ability to learn and further grow your career through 1 on 1 coaching and the ability to work beyond Sales
Your key missions
- Launch regular outbound campaigns to source pipeline
- Qualify all inbound opportunities and divide between self-service, mid-market and enterprise
- Close 3 - 5 individual seats deals per month (15k-20k ARR)
- Close at least 1 mid-market level deals (15-30k ARR) per month
Your key activities
- Qualify inbound leads
- Doing 3-5 demos per day
- Send 50+ emails per day in cold
- Qualify leads
Very few companies have the potential to do something truly meaningful to actually help others. We believe that making managers better, more successful, and happier results in a happier overall workplace. And improving that even 10% leads to a ripple effect.
We spend nearly all of our waking lives at work. Let's make that better.