Office & Ops Manager
San Francisco, California
At Plato, we’re on a mission to help engineering managers become great leaders. Our platform intelligently matches “mentees” to highly experienced engineering leaders of various backgrounds to help resolve their most pressing management challenges. After raising over $3M from SaaStr's Jason Lemkin, Slack, Zoom CEO Eric Yuan, and more earlier this year, we've experienced exceptional and rapid growth.
Plato is looking for a highly capable Office Operations Manager to join our team and create a hyper-productive work environment! The ideal candidate will be experienced and passionate about scaling with a 15+ person company into one that expects to triple size in the next 12-24 months. As an important member of our team leading the office operations, you will be in charge of:
1) striving to create a hyper-productive work environment by ensuring satisfaction needs of the company in the areas including office management, basic financial operations, event management, talent recruiting coordination, basic human resources operations, and celebrating team wins
2) building scalable internal operations structures in above areas
3) think and work strategically to support the CEO’s initiatives in office ops.
- Office Management:
- Manage the team meals, snacks, office supply
- Manage company equipments and maintain clear records, e.g. computers, TVs, monitors, etc.
- Manage company documents both in Google Drive and in physical cabinets.
- Manage business travels (transportation & lodging) for all team members.
- Manage vendors: managing, auditing, and paying vendors, e.g. office rent, medical insurance, electricity, internet, meals, snacks, phone, office cleaning, trade shows etc.
- Accommodate visitor (e.g. investors, clients, job candidates).Above scope may change accordingly upon the growth of the company.
- Manage and execute bi-weekly payrolls (using Trinet).
- Manage reimbursements (using Abacus) and maintain the Reimbursement Process & Policy.
- Manage the company’s accountant, and conduct basic bookkeeping (using InDinero), e.g. allocation expenses on company credit cards into different categories.
- Manage the invoice creation, maintenance, update, and Account Receivable pursuit after ramping up
- Deposit payments from clients and ensure good documentation, e.g. scan checks into G-drive and share with the company’s accountant
- Manage Account Payable activities
- Budget for expenses on monthly basis and work with the CEO to achieve financial goals.
- Open house parties
- Team offsites (~3 times a year)
- Team lunch
- Other events per need - we celebrate often!
- Collaborate with different hiring managers on team on candidates sourcing, outreaching, and interview scheduling (using Lever.co)
- Manage job posts and company profile on different recruiting platforms, e.g. - Glassdoor, HackerNews, Linkedin etc.
- Drive marketing efforts for recruiting.
- Manage new employee on-boarding and continue to improve the experience.
- Manage employee benefits, e.g. medical, dental, vision, gym, paid time off,...
- Support immigration matters for employees with the CEO
- Manage potential off-boarding
- Team Happiness & Morale Building
- Manage employee survey, net promoter score, and constantly improve the company’s capability of maintaining high team moraleInitiate celebrations for the team timely and properly.
- Cheer the team up timely and properly during difficult times.
Basic Finance Operations:
Event Management - plan, organize, and execute:
Talent Recruiting Coordination:
Basic HR People Ops
- Passionate about taking a 15+ people tech company into one that may triple size in the next 12-24 months.
- Successful experience scaling with an early stage tech company
- Hungry for impact & growth, motivated for constant learning, proactive at collaboration, strong sense of responsibility, and love to have fun besides hard work
- Great at communication
- Demonstrated success in thinking & working strategically. Highly capable of executing in a fast-paced environment
- Health benefits
- Free breakfast, catered lunch, snacks
- Unlimited paid time off
- Regular team nights and team celebrations upon milestones
Very few companies have the potential to do something truly meaningful to actually help others. We believe that making managers better, more successful, and happier results in a happier overall workplace. And improving that even 10% leads to a ripple effect.
We spend nearly all of our waking lives at work. Let's make that better.