Sr Product Manager (Remote)
San Francisco, California /
At Plato, we’re on a mission to help engineering managers become great leaders. Our platform intelligently matches “mentees” to highly experienced engineering leaders of various backgrounds to help resolve their most pressing management challenges. After raising over $3M from SaaStr's Jason Lemkin, Slack, Zoom CEO Eric Yuan, and more earlier this year, we've experienced exceptional and rapid growth.
We’re looking for our first Product Manager who is going to be owner of the process and execution. Will be working with founders and rest of the team to build the product roadmap.
You’ve been working as a Product Manager for several years and master all the fundamentals. You now want to join an early stage startup in high growth to own more and have a bigger impact. Ambiguity and change is what you’re looking for and thriving for.
- 3+ years experience managing a Product (Product Manager, VP Product, Founder...)
- Product Lover - You love beautiful product and you can definitely see in an instant what’s wrong with any product.
- Customer Empathy - You understand the underlying needs and feelings of customers to deliver a delightful experience.
- Humble and Growth mindset - You're humble and you're always finding way to grow in your skills and mindset with books, mentors, training...
- Follow-through on commitments - You live up to verbal and written agreements, regardless of personal cost.
- Proficient with tech tools (at ease with Coda, Zapier etc.) - You're are not afraid of getting hands dirty and able to work their way through any new process or tool.
- Listening skills - You let others speak and seeks to understand their viewpoints.
Nice to have Requirements
- BA/BS in Engineering or equivalent in experience
- Experience in a startup or other fast-paced environment preferred
- Experience in B2B SaaS a plus
- Openness to criticism and ideas - You often solicit feedback and reacts calmly to criticism or negative feedback
- Product Visionary - You have a vision for the future of the product Plato
- Analytical and Structured - You are able to structure and process qualitative and quantitative data and draw insightful conclusions from it. Exhibits a probing mind and achieves penetrating insights
- Persistence - You demonstrate tenacity and willingness to go the distance to get something done
- Communication - You speak and write clearly and articulately without being overly verbose or talkativeJob Fit - How does this job fits well with your needs and our needs?
- Strategic thinking / visioning - You're able to see and communicate the big picture in an inspiring way. Determines opportunities and threats through comprehensive analysis of current and future trends
- Connected to Mentorship / Coaching - Someone who is connected to Mentorship (has been a mentor at Plato, has been a mentor to someone etc.) or someone who has been a coach. Or can demonstrate that they love doing that
- Connected to Leadership - Someone who is connected to Leadership (Wrote blog post, Has been a passionate leader, can prove that it’s a passion of theirs etc.)
- Connected to Online Learning - Someone who is connected to Learning (has been working on a similar company, has been working on side projects in online learning / education ... )
Your key mission
- Work with the founders and the rest of the team to build the product roadmap and work with engineering team to execute on this roadmap
Your key activities
- Being the owner of the whole Product Management Process: From User Research to Problem exploring to Solution definition to Feature Success
- Work with the rest of the team, including founders, to build product roadmap
- Work on specs of user stories and work with the UX / UI designer on some user stories
- Work on features performance and adoption (Amplitude, Appcues, etc.)
- Build a feedback systematization (Working with the Customer Success and Sales teams)
- Synthesizing feedback to generate hypothesis
- Do user research to validate assumptions
Very few companies have the potential to do something truly meaningful to actually help others. We believe that making managers better, more successful, and happier results in a happier overall workplace. And improving that even 10% leads to a ripple effect.
We spend nearly all of our waking lives at work. Let's make that better.
Please note: Our team is fully remote - the only requirement for your location is that you are able to commit to a 3-4 hour overlap with PST (the majority of our team is based out of San Francisco).
Plato is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Learn more about your EEO rights as an applicant.
If you’re applying for a position in San Francisco, review the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance guidelines applicable in your area.
Plato is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.